Chapter 5

I had helped untack Casper and help putting the new horses away. The horse I picked out had a few cuts making his glowing white fur turn crimson.

"Can we put him somewhere else?" I ask. They've been trying to put him in a stall for the past hour. "I guess." My uncle reply's. He leads the poor horse out of the barn and to one of the round pens. He undoes the halter and the horse runs into the pen.

I watch the horse run in circles and neighing. I feel bad for taking him. When I started to walk away I saw the horse stop. I stopped walking and looked over my shoulder. The horse was starring at me. I walked back to the pen and he took off running.

"Hey boy easy it's ok. I'm not gonna hurt you." I hold my hands up in front of me showing empty palms. He stops running for a little bit and looks at my hands. He nickers and walks to the gate. I meet him at the gate and hold my hand out. He backs up and rears. I jump from the gate to be met by a hug bolder. I take off running to the house afraid of what I ran into.

------------

I stayed in my room until it was time for dinner. "Nicole time to eat get down here." I walked down the stairs and to the dining room. Uncle John, Logan, and my mom are all sitting at the table. There's one seat between my mom and Logan. I take the seat we say a blessing and dig in.

I picked up the plates and walked them to the sink. My mom stood hand washing all the dishes. "Thanks Mom." I say and head for my room. I'm stopped when Logan comes down from the stairs. "Hey want to go for a walk." "Could we possibly ride?" I ask a smile coming to my face. He returns the smile and walks out. I follow him out of curiosity. He walks all the way to the barn gets Cookie and Casper out of there stalls.

He has them in just the bridle and nothing else. "Um where's the saddle?" I look around and see no saddles. "We're going to ride bareback." He exclaims! "You think I can ride without a saddle." My jaw drops.

Haha. This is going to be interesting!

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Alright guys this is chapter 5. Hope y'all enjoyed this chapter. This story has a total of 423 words.