⚅⚅⚅⚅⚅⚅⚅⚁

cнαρтɛя 44

  Yoongi and Jimin hadn't talked for the rest of the evening

Yoongi and Jimin hadn't talked for the rest of the evening. It was quite unsettling to both, since they hadn't ever fought to the point where they refused to talk to each other for hours. And still, neither of them wanted to take the initiative to talk to the other.

Jimin tried to convince himself that Yoongi should've been the one coming forward to apologize, but there was a small side of him telling him otherwise. He just wanted to make up with his boyfriend. And he did feel like this was partially his fault.

Yoongi, on the other hand, was simply far too stubborn, but he had to admit guilt was eating him up. He knew how sensitive Jimin could be, and he didn't even want to imagine being the reason behind his baby's sadness. But still, being as obstinate as he was, Yoongi decided he needed to cool off and apologize when he was ready. (Which would be the following morning.)

They hadn't slept in the same room that night. Jimin had slept in their shared bedroom, while Yoongi slept in used to be his room. Therefore, the older hadn't noticed that Jimin had left early for work that morning, as he usually did whenever he felt like avoiding a problem (usually Yoongi related).

  He had no clue what Jimin's office number was, so Yoongi had to wait until Jimin came home from work to talk.

  They'd gone almost an entire day without talking.

  When Jimin got home from work around ten, Yoongi was already waiting for him, seated on one of the brown couches in the living room. Jimin didn't even look at him. 

  "Jimin, can we talk?" Yoongi called out. Jimin still wasn't looking, he kept his gaze fixed on the floor, but he had stopped walking. 

  With a sigh, he walked over to Yoongi and plopped down on the other side of the couch. 

  "Look, I...," Yoongi exhales nervously, "I screwed up, and I'm sorry. I didn't mean what I said yesterday, I was angry and I wasn't thinking properly."

  Jimin finally meets his eyes, the eyes he knows so well, the eyes he always finds comfort in. He just can't stop himself from saying:

  "I'm sorry, too. I know you're tired from working day and night, and then when you come home you can't even rest because you need to take care of me, and I never really do anything for you, so-" his breath quivers, "so I'm sorry, too. I know I can be overly needy, and clingy and dramatic."

  Jimin digs his nails into his palms in an effort to fight down the knot in his throat. Crying would make it look like he's trying to make this about himself, like he's doing it just for attention, and he doesn't want Yoongi to think that. The blond is genuinely sorry.

  However, Yoongi doesn't look angry or exasperated. In fact, he looks sad. Does Jimin truly think everything he said is true?

   "Baby, I don't need to look after you, I want to look after you. Yes, you can be somewhat needy, but I really don't mind that at all. I'm your caregiver because I want to be here for you when you need me. Besides, I'm never too tired to take care of you." He scoots over to Jimin and wraps an arm around his shoulders to pull him in for a side-hug. "I'm happy with receiving your love and happiness in exchange."

  He presses a chaste kiss to Jimin's blond hair. "Plus, I'm happy whenever I'm with you. Never doubt that, okay?"

  Jimin looks into his eyes and purses his lips into a thin line like he usually does whenever he tries to hold back tears. He knows that if he tries to talk, his voice'll come out weak, so he gives his boyfriend a nod instead. Jimin nuzzles his head against Yoongi's chest.

  "We're okay?" 

  Jimin nods against his chest. "We're okay."

  Yoongi runs a hand though the yellow locks. "Do you still want me to help you out with the furniture for our new house?"

  Jimin couldn't help but smile. Our house. He relished the way it sounded coming from Yoongi. Technically speaking, buying a house together wasn't such a big deal, seeing as how they had already lived together in one for a little over a year, but it sure felt like it. It was a big step, it was like starting over, Jimin thought.

  And so he just had to ask. "Yoongi, do you think... do you think we're moving too fast? I know nothing about being an adult, but I'm pretty sure this is something we're supposed to freak out about. 'Cause we're both young and all that stuff."

  Yoongi stays silent for a bit. Taking a deep breath, he speaks out. "I know fuck-all about being an adult as well, even though I'm older than you. If you think we're moving too fast, then it's alright, we can take it at a slower pace, but I say we go for it. You have to enjoy life while you can, and I think I'll keep enjoying it even more for as long as we're together. You never know what could happen. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, right?"

  The blond reaches up to kiss Yoongi, first on the neck and then on the lips. "Surely that's a yes?," his boyfriend asks.

  "Yes, it is," the younger answers with a smile whilst wrapping his arms around Yoongi. The older places his little on his lap and leans in for a kiss.

  •

  The pair is huddled together on the couch, sweaty bare skin and legs mingled together. It's well past midnight, but they're both still wide awake (yet complete worn out).

  Syumin meows as she walks jumps onto the couch, asking for food even though she had a plate full of food for dinner. The blond groans.

  "Not right now, Syumin, it's the middle of the night." He protests, not sure wether his cat understands him or not. Even if she did understand, she didn't seem to care, for she kept meowing loudly.

  Jimin doesn't even have a chance to part his lips again before Yoongi complains "I fed her dinner, it's your turn to feed her now." 

  The younger whips his head around to give him a murderous glare. "I'm literally incapable of moving my legs right now, and there's no way I'm going to walk all the way over to the backyard just to grab her plate. If this is what it's like to have kids then I don't want any." 

  He pulls the blanket over his face to muffle the cat's meows while Yoongi snorts and gets off the couch to feed the cat. "We'll see about that."

  Jimin almost chokes on air.