Chapter 6: Natural Selection pt. 2

Inumuta stood there, typing away on numerous keyboards all over her body while Ryuko stared at her.

"Are... Are you high?"

"No. I am accumulating data for how to strike first."
In a flash of brilliant light, Ryuko had lunged at Inumuta and sliced, moving so fast that the sheet force of her movement had caused the flash. Somehow, Inumuta dodged.

"Wha-" Before she could even finish her word, Inumuta had punched her in a specific point on the hip, sending her into the floor.
Ryuko scrambled out of the hole, keeping her distance. Inumuta kept her distance as well, pacing back and forth and still typing.

"What's wrong, Matoi? Afraid your attack will be blocked again?"

Back In Ryuko's mind

"(Y/N).... What's going on out there?"

"We're gettin' our ass handed to us. All that matters now is that we stay calm and continue the dance."

Ryuko sighed, leaning against his chest and relaxing.

"One day.... One day I'll get revenge on the bitch that killed my dad... Then I can finally rest...."

"That day may come earlier than you had hoped. I'm sensing the power of a second scissor blade."

"What?" She jumped damn near high enough to disrupt their dance, but (Y/N) kept her in the dance.

"The girl with the rest of your scissor blade is approaching us. We need to hurry and finish the elite four before she gets here, or its over. We'll need to go two on one, or find a way to enhance this form even more."

"Yeah. Let's get Inumuta out of that rediculous Goku Uniform."

"Good idea~"
(Y/N) smiled at Ryuko, and slammed their lips together. After a brief period of objection, she melted into it.

Outside World

Ryuko immediately began attacking Inumuta, but instead of dodging or retaliating she got hit. Hundreds upon hundreds of strikes began landing in mere seconds of each other, all leading up to a final strike that sent Inumuta flying, destroying the Goku uniform in the process.

"Neeeeeext!"
Nonon hopped on, her cocky grin spreading across her lips. Ryuko rushed at the girl, and swung the blade, stopping the blade a hair away from the girls neck. Satsuki had held a hand up.

"Nonon has requested that this match not be a test of pure strength, instead be of musical talent."
Uh oh.

Back in Ryuko's mind
"Ryuko, we have a problem."
He had broken the kiss and they had returned to the dance.

"Hm?"

"Our match with Nonon isn't strength. Its musical talent."

"Thats.... Bad."

"Its fine. I have some experience with singing."

"Oh?"

"Yeah. I won't tell you. You'll find out in your own time."
"Great. Now Shut up and take the lead so we can win."

Outside world

Ryuko kicked a microphone into her hand, smiling. "Singing contest against the marching band leader? Piece of cake!"

Nonon had a microphone of her own, and began singing, using the speakers next to her for instrumentals. Ryuko nodded, having respect for Nonons adorable voice and memory of the song. Even she missed a few words. Literally only 2.