Chapter 24 - I don't do sides

Hello everybody. I wish you a great time and hope you enjoy the story!

xoxo Leviosa

Chapter 24

You know, there is a way. Queenie did not want to listen anymore, she tried to hide herself under her bed, tried to put her hands on her ears to shut him out, but Grindelwald wasn't to be shut out easily. "I don't need your ways!", she said loudly. Oh, you need me more than anyone. More than Credence, more than your sister or Newt. Even more Leta Lestrange, and trust me that girl has a tragic history, but you should know that. "What do you want from me?", she tried to say with confidence. What came out of her mouth was just a sad whisper, a shadow of her voice. I want to help you. All muggles are ignorant, but your... lover... has a special talent of seeing things he shouldn't see. You know what I think of the non magic folk, Queenie. But there is a way that he can survive. Queenie no longer tried to close her eyes. Everything she had ever tried to block her own mind from others, did not work now. She could not stop Grindelwald from coming into her head, so maybe she should try it the other way around. She tried to read his mind, but it was as if she was running against a wall. Something like this shouldn't happen to her. She was a legilimens, no one and nothing should be able to stop her. But Grindelwald did. Not just with his barriers in his mind, but with his words too. You can't stop me. You're just a little girl against an army of millions. Either you take my offer or you'll go down with the rest of your crew. And you will only go down, but Jacob will definitely be dead. I mean, now that I know that he is the only person you love more than you love your sister, he's not as safe as he used to be. He won't be your hero anymore, just one of thousand sacrifices for the greater good. Trust me, there are hundreds of wizards that could replace him. But it's your decision, not mine. Grindelwalds voice almost screamed into her brain. And then, suddenly, he was gone. Gone and nothing had changed, she was sleeping in a tent in Newts suit case, with a camping bed in the middle, and there was no one that wanted to threaten her. It still had been real, and she realized that she would soon have to make a decision.

"You want me to do what? Why do you think I could — as if I could be able to do what a team of trained aurors can't do? Theseus, I don't think... You want me to help you hunt him down? I am not a hero, I am not good in magic, I have my creatures and that is all I can do", Newt tried to explain to his brother. Theseus rolled his eyes, the same eyes as Newts, like he always did. The same face, as if not everything had changed around them. As if a lot of things had not happened, as if it could ever be like it had been before he proposed to Leta. The bitterness of then came back into Newts mind, but he reminded himself that anger did not solve any problems. Theseus was his brother and a brother was someone he needed more than anyone else in these times. He had missed Theseus for too long, and he should be happy that he finally was there. But he couldn't. Newt couldn't accept that his brother only came when he needed him, as if he did not feel the same strange mix out of sadness, anger and desperateness. As if Newt did not matter to him. Theseus had always kept his feeling to himself, or maybe he just had not wanted to share them with Newt. Leta had told Newt, that she had changed him a little. That he would now be a little warmer. But not to his brother. Theseus would do anything in the world to save his career as an auror. It was everything he had ever worked for, it was his life, and he would not give it up just because of a little Grindelwald attack. And Newt was sure that he wasn't here because of him but because of the wizarding world. "Newt don't lie to me. You know that you have to help me. If you don't want to do it because of me, do it for Leta, do it for your creatures, for the other wizards, anything that means something to you. When Grindelwald begins a war, we will all have to fight again. No one wants another war, just so you know. Nobody has the wish to fight again, to kill again. And the only thing to get what we want is you and I together. You may not like the idea to fight together with me, but still we have to. Do it for Leta", he whispered. Newt rolled his eyes again, just like his brother had done it. What Theseus could, he could do as well. "So you say that I don't want to do this? I don't have a problem with you Theseus, but you seem to avoid me whenever you can. Is it because you think you could hurt my feelings? Trust me, there is nothing left to hurt, if you talk about Leta. I have forgotten and forgiven everything, but you still don't seem to be over the old times. And that I defeated Grindelwald why you had nothing else to do but fall in love with my former best friend", all stutter had disappeared from Newts voice, but for once he wasn't happy about it. Newt had to think about it again and again. Was he really able to go this far? No, he wasn't. But as he was able to speak again, he tried to speak in a more forgivable tone, because he really had forgiven his brother, even though he did not seem to have not forgiven him. "I'm sorry, Theseus. I apologize for everything I just said, it isn't as if I did not ant to work with you. I missed you, I missed you a lot. I thought you would never show up again and I didn't... Let's say I didn't imagine our reunion like this. I know how much the world and your job as an auror means to you and I didn't mean to hurt you... You know that stuff. I'd love to fight next to you, Theseus, if you don't mind", he said, almost whispering. He shouldn't have said the words inside his head before, but at least Theseus now understood him better. "Newt, you are a great human. And I missed you too and I didn't want to leave you alone, you're still my brother So it's good to be back again, it's good that you're here and that we can do this together", Theseus decided, after looking at Newt for a fiew seconds, as if his brother did not just talk all the anger out of himself and then apologized for about a hundred times. Theseus pointed at the two drinking glasses on the table in front of them. He lifted his one, and Newt did the same, and they both said, as if they were celebrating: "For the old times"