Chapter 16 - an unlikely friendship

Hey everybody! Thanks for reading, I would appreciate Reviews and Feedback.

Hope you enjoy,

xoxo Leviosa

Chapter 16

"It's good to see you all. I knew you would come, I knew some of you would understand what we together can do, if one alone can move so much", Grindelwald began to speak. Tina was still surprised that from all places in Paris, Leta wanted to come to one of Grindelwalds meetings.

Tina did not trust Leta Lestrange. Newt loved her more than anyone and because of that, he didn't notice all the strange things did. She did not believe her, as she said that she would return to London. Tina asked Newt to tell her everything that Dumbledore would say and left, after the whole hugging the cursed teenagers' ceremony had been ended.

Tina was afraid and surprised, as she found Leta in an old quarter of the city. There weren't many people living here, it was all quiet and abandoned. A ghost town, like she always imagined.
She carefully followed Leta, on her way somewhere.
And now she had arrived here, surrounded by humans who no one wanted to listen to except Grindelwald. He listened to all, because no one had listened to him before. There was no one Tina hated more than him. He manipulated the hopes and fears of this crowd, of every one of his followers and bent them to his will, all under the name of the greater good. But it wasn't good in Tinas world to use people for your own sake. She knew that she was not as a good human as Newt or Jacob or her sister, but she still didn't understand what on earth had brought Leta Lestrange here. Sure, she didn't like here, but no one deserved to be manipulated. Not even her, her who she had done too much to hurt Newt to ever be liked by Tina. And still, she did not deserve this. Grindelwald slowly went through the lines of his followers. She looked down, tried to hide under her large black coat. Of course, he saw her. He became slower and stopped when he stood next to her. Sometimes, Tina asked herself how someone could speak so quietly but still be one of the greatest and most evil wizards in history. "It's good to see you too, Tina", he whispered. It was nothing more than a quiet whisper and no one else except her could hear it, but still how he said her name, made the alarm bells in her head ring. She was over this. She couldn't be controlled by this man, Grindelwald had no right to say anything to her. Tina was her own person, she was better than she could ever be with him. Tina had better friends, she had her sister, she had Jacob. And she had Newt. Tina would never be lonely enough to come back to him, at least she tried to persuade herself to believe that. But Grindelwalds way of saying things made her think about every time she cried and there had just been him, who had been there for her. You didn't know, for you he was Graves. That was no apology. She had to be strong. Not just her mind, not her body, her soul. She was so much better than this. Tina could control herself better than anyone. Tina did not need to have someone control her, not Grindelwald. She was her own human and no one would take that away from her. "I'm not "Tina" for you. Go find another victim for your club of lost souls. I have better things to do" "Then why are you here?" "I'm here to save human life if necessary"

Leta would have screamed, if this strange woman hadn't put her hand on her mouth. "Shut up, if you scream now, the only person who will come is Grindelwald. And before you try to make a scene or something, you'll explain this situation to me. But not here", she whispered. The woman quickly tried to rearrange her short dark brown hair, before she gave it up and trailed Leta after her. "Who do you think you are? If you don't let me go immediately, I will..." "You will wait for your beautiful auror husband to save you? Or your former the best friend who is completely broken because of you? I can promise you, honey, there is no one except me here, no one will hear you" Leta did not try to pull herself away from this woman, she did not want to meet her wand. They were walking down the streets of Paris and as they were far away enough from Grindelwalds secret meeting, the woman apparated with her. She hated being kidnapped, why did it always had to be her?