Chapter 30 - The brave Slytherin

Hello everybody, thanks for reading my story!

xoxo Leviosa, hope you enjoy!

Chapter 30

"You really believe in this, do you? In your little world with your sweet fluffy romance and your beasts that you can ban in to your case. As if the world was so naive, as if you would get your happy end, just because you fight for it", he heard Grindelwald laugh. "At least we've got something to fight for, you just have the greater good or emptiness", Newt said. Clearly, the dark wizard did not like that. He moved his wand in strange circles and summoned walls of blue fiend fire so much more than ever before, in the sky. Newt had never ever seen something similar in his whole life. He nervously tried to open his suitcase, but failed the first time. Theseus would hold his back, he would protect him until he was ready. Newt really tried to concentrate, but the duel in the back of his head made him too scared. Too scared, his hands were shaking too much too actually open the case. Stupor. Protego. Imperio. Depulso. Crucio. Reductio. Too many spells and the noise of Theseus blocking all of them. But he would not be able to do this for hours. Newt awaited the clicking sound of the open case, but nothing ever came. "Oh come on!", he shouted at the case, which was answered by the sound an angry niffler makes when he really does not feel the need to leave his home. Click. One move, and Pickett, the bowtruckle, had opened the suitcase. He quickly went through a list of creatures that could help him in his situation. An erumpent was too friendly, a demiguise was too invisible and too shy, a dragon would only make more fire and would not solve the problem at all, the demiguise did not seem to be a solution either. But he accidentally closed the suitcase in fear and shook, because Grindelwalds voice now had been made magically louder. "I said: you can't fight me. I own the elder wand and you will have to die. But I don't want to be an evil animal torture person", Grindelwald said, with a wink of his wand, he held the case in his hands. And all the hope Newt had ever had was now gone.

Now, that he was able to look at the things happening, he saw that Theseus was nodding at him, full of sweat and ash from the fire. He wanted him to do something. But what was he supposed to do? Suddenly, a thought came to his mind. This was the only really advanced auror spell Theseus had ever taught him, because he knew that Newt hated learning defensive magic. Grindelwald did not have the shadow of mercy in his different colored eyes. "What are you going to do now? You know, you both believing in yourselves is a little sweet, but come on, we all know that violence is not a resolution. You can't win against me and I don't want to kill you. Just come on my side and I will reward you, make you my highest followers, my equals. But if you still fight... If you still try to resist... And if you are lying in front of me, dead", he waited a second, and then smiled, but this time it was not the smile of the angel, he was the devil on the inside and the outside. The worst thing about this whole duel was that Newt had the heavy feeling that Grindelwald was far ahead of them. And that he would have no problem with killing them. "Do you think Dumbledore will mourn for you?", Gellert Grindelwald whispered, still this dark smile on his lips. Newt would have never seen it coming, the aggression with which he almost threw his wand into their direction. But instead of his wand falling into Theseus hands, a wall out of blue fiend fire was flying into their direction. Newt knew that he would die, if he did not act fast now. He could not even exchange a look with Theseus, he piled his wand into the sand under them, trying to lay there, so the spell would not hit them. "Protego Maxima", he heard himself shout, and so did Theseus. Newt saw the shield around them build up, and he saw the fire coming into their direction, nearer and nearer. Newt now understood, he would never be able to win against Grindelwald. He would never ever be able to, and he hoped that Tina would not cry over his dead body, because he did not want her to hurt because of him. The fiend fire broke the protection shield in pieces and it haunted the stone steps, for a living being, someone to burn. Newt closed his eyes and whispered to Theseus: "I wanted to congratulate you on marrying Leta. You deserve her more than anyone" He tried to wish that afterlife would not be as painful as his death in a few seconds. Newt tasted the sand in his mouth, the sweat on his skin, his heart beating faster than ever, before it would stop beating at all, in the next few seconds. He felt the heat burning on his skin...