*4* Can't Get Away

Lost my way,
In hope for the good dreams and bigger gleams,
The path just took a turn and got longer,
But the path didn't know so it foolishly laughed,
The path I lost in was my real path.

Y/N’s P.O.V-

Blank. Colorlessness. A pure form of white...

A dull ear-splitting sound retaining to tear the nerves apart...

It rose, slowly but steadily, surely. 

...

...

Where am I?

I blinked my eyes continuously trying to perceive everything. My vision was slightly hazy. As it slowly started to clear off, I found out, I was standing in the corridor of a building. The place, too familiar to my eyes, but not enough to make me recall where I had seen it. A lot of people were passing by me in a hurry. ‘Hello!’ I tried to get a passerby girl’s attention to which she didn’t even try to give notice. ‘Excuse me! Hello!’ I tried again calling some other but they just continued their walk.

What’s wrong with people? Why aren’t they listening to me? Have I become invisible or what?

The corridor was gradually becoming vacant as people were leaving one by one. After a second, my ears caught a faint sound of a door getting shut behind my standing self. I looked back at the only person coming in. Soon my heartbeat dropped...

Then started to beat faster in the speed of light. Sweats of fear wetted and started dripping off my forehead. My vocal cords stuttered, denying to even speak the name out loud, so it prepared a question, craving for its answer to be a no. Is that-

He brought his head up, now facing me clearly. The slow confused heart now entirely lost its regular rhythm, going out of control. The uttermost fear it held, repeated that one sentence inside my brain, the least answer I wanted to gain-

It was him.

The one whose presence polluted my darkest days more. The one whom I now feared most, the one who appeared in my darkest nightmares, as the main lead.

I screamed in a high-pitched tone, but my voice was shaking, ‘You! What are you doing here?’ No reply came from him. He just stared at me and stepped forward.

‘Step back!’ I yelled, that he didn’t pay heed to, continuing his proceeds. ‘I said don’t...!’ I hopelessly looked around to the people if I could get some help. But just then I found out that I was the only one standing in the narrow long corridor.

He took his steps one by one, decreasing the distance between our two figures. With the last drop of strength left, I decided to sprint in his opposite direction. My ears perceived only those fast footsteps of his, following me.

I ran and ran, wherever I could find a way to go through, to get away from him. I reached a nearby room and stopped to take a breath. Before I could shut the door, a slender hand pushed the door to resist and a figure came in. He locked the door, and the room turned total dark.

‘Why can’t you leave me alone? Why? I want to get rid of you. Please!’ I begged, running inside like a trapped guinea pig, desperate to discover a way out. However, there was only that one way out which was blocked by him.
‘Please...’ Silent tears fell down my cheeks like monsoon rain. I could hear, the sky thundered outside, the sky of my world, that was ready to shatter to pieces. All I could hear was a loud evil laugh, that kept buzzing in my ear. It just kept coming closer. And closer...