*11* Long Drive

The quiet, shy, reserved girl?
Believe me, that's not who I am.
I am a little something more than that.

Y/N’s P.O.V-

It was silent in the car.

None of us was taking initiatives to eliminate the toxicity of awkwardness and let both breath in freedom. I sat rigidly on my seat, going through a list of enough regrets to nod over him offering a ride to my home. I was ready to deny over his sweet and sour little words 'Let me drop you home, noona' with a big no in a polite way, but the situation had me cornered. So, here I was, getting a lift from a criminal with an idol face, my target.

Sigh.

I glanced around the car. It sure was expensive. The radio was turned on in a low volume almost unhearable, whatever was on the channel could be heard nothing but some gibberish words. I loosened up on the comfortable seat as the car gained acceleration bit by bit. Tilting my head to the left, his sharp jawline faced my sight, his stern face was too focused on the road. I felt much relaxed being deprived of any attention. I slid down the window glass wholly. A huge blow of air rushed in the car, making my hair dance along with the flow and get all messed up. With a deep exhale, I blew out all my tiredness at one breath. A full moon at stand on the unreachable sky, the cold night air passing in through the window, and the short time journey on the seemingly never-ending vacant road- it was more than just enough refreshing. I smiled to myself, letting my eyes get closed in uttermost comfort. The quietude now became the savior of my stressed weary self, and I was going to embrace the full of it.

I opened my eyes after a while, finding Jimin staring at me. He immediately looked forward, making me squint at his reaction.

There was not even a pin dropping sound inside the car except for the low sound coming from the turned on radio. Jimin was sparing glances at me occasionally while driving; probably in try to hit any casual conversation to eliminate the heavy soundlessness.

‘Are you feeling comfortable, Y/N?’ he finally decided to speak. ‘Yes, Jimin ssi. I am totally fine.’ I flashed a humble smile, 'Thank you for your lift. I really appreciate it.'

‘It's nothing. No need to give thanks.' He smiled back. 'By the way, how long have you been living in Korea?’ He asked again after a while.

'It's been a few years.'  ‘Is this your first job?’ I answered slowly while staring outside the window.

'Umm, in a literal sense, no. I used to do part-time jobs at a few places earlier. But yeah, this is my first permanent job in any company.'

'Getting into a post with high objectives from the very first seems to be a little scary.' 'Err...yeah, it's going to be tough but, I will manage.' I replied. It was silent for a while again.

‘You don't talk much, do you?’ After some hours, Jimin was the one to talk first again. ‘Ye?’ I shifted my gaze towards him. ‘You are barely talking except for the time when you are required to give me directions. It's just me who's trying to talk. Why have you become so quiet? Are you feeling uncomfortable? I don’t like to remain seated silently like this. Tell me about...yourself.’ He spoke.

‘It’s not like that.’ I gave a naive faint smile and became quiet again. I was tired, after the long day of work. But before that the main reason was, it was him. Something about him scares me a little bit, he's intimidating and unapproachable despite his strokes of amiability. I am not the talker, I never was. For the sake of my task, I know I should talk to extract info. But...I fail with my ability in this case.