*23.3* Players Know To Play

Only problem with you was,
You were too perfect.
Only wrongs are that flawless, rights never are.

Author POV:-

Tip

Tap.

Tip

Tap.

Sounds of relaxed, steady footsteps growled trapped between the beige walls of the wide vacant corridor. They walked in a slow motion, hands tucked into the pockets. No rush, no sweat; escorted by four guards from behind. All of them appeared tough, their eyes never-shifting, screwed right onto the six boys' figures. Namjoon spent a quick sidelong glance from the little distance, introducing a small benign smile. A slight eye connection happened between him and each of the boys. All of them trailed behind slowing their steps inexpressive by their face, letting him travel a little away from the guards at back. Namjoon spoke undertone. Except for the person he wanted, no one could hear what he said.

'Hoseok, how far?'

Hoseok's voice buzzed into Namjoon's ears like hums of a passing bee from the unseeable earpiece, 'I am working on it.'

'We are just about to reach the place. How much time can you keep those surveillance cameras inside disoriented?'

'Can't more than twenty to thirty minutes. Otherwise, the guards will get suspicious.'

'So we have at best fifteen mins in our hand? Wait for my signal after we enter the room. And leave the place right after you are done, you got me?'

'I know.' Providing a small pause, the male replied, 'Be careful, man.'

'Same to you...' The leader whispered and looked back. All five pairs of eyes were glued on him. Words spoken through silence and unnoticeable nods, the rest of the walk went dead silent like before.

>>>

'Welcome.'

The voice was deep and commanding.

'Please take a seat.' In a leisurely pace, they took over the couch before. All eyes focused on the manly daunting figure who sat cross-legged before them, in his own royal couch. His snaky eyebrows arched up and down in a jiffy, taking a note of the half a dozen number of males, what their worth was, and, what was not.

'now, Hobi-'

'I didn't expect to see a bunch of teenagers.' His abnormally amiable voice was terrorizing for sure, left the members more circumspect. 'How long are you really in this field?'

Namjoon, the spokesman, cleared his throat and said imperviously, 'They say, don't judge a book by its cover.'

Small grin acquired by his words, the man sat up straight and brought his hand forward, 'Great. Nefarious you must be. Nice to meet you.' Both hands met and shook, 'Call me Lambda.'

'Nice to meet you too, Mr. Lambda.' Namjoon pulled his hand back.

'So, how are you enjoying the party? I am sorry I couldn't arrange enough to treat our guests well.'

'Not at all. It's great.' Namjoon replied, 'Now, greetings done, shall we get to what we are all here for?'

The smile curved to a smirk, 'Sure.' He eyed to the person standing next to him, 'Let me show you the product first.'