*23.2* Ready For It?

‘Wait.’

In his voice, there was this much dew, shockingly colder and more terrifying than ever.

My breathing hitched for a moment, my heels stopped in their place still and stiff as a pole. I rigidly pivoted backward, stutteringly making a small, ‘yes?’

‘I will take one of those.’ He uninhibitedly spoke. The stone of fear slid off my chest with the sound of a silent sigh, I nodded. Gosh...

My eyes slowly took a watch over the rest of the members. All firmly sat immobile like motionless structures. Did they look nervous? No, not certainly. Their lips were pursed to a single line. A shadow of perplexity derivable on their face, as if they were in a dilemma about something. None spoke a word. Jungkook silently passed down the offer, Jin and Taehyung took a shot. Next person who sat was Jimin.

With my low call, he lifted his head up and looked at me. Wrinkles over his forehead and a trident formal central in between his eyebrows, they never smoothened for a minute. A gentle nod with provided, he took on one of the cocktail glasses.

The tiny motion of his delicate lips to touch the limpid top of the glass, slight fog escaping his mouth to cover the shine with its touch. My eyes hovered from his top to down gradually. No doubt he looked extremely good in that tux. The middle button blocked the proper view to his see-through white shirt, the arresting sparkly sleeves clung to his arms took their shape precisely. His fingers fidgeted the thin black beaded bracelet he wore on his other wrist unconsciously. It looked somewhat familiar.

I shot a small slap on my cheek. What is wrong with me? Why am I acting like this?

For a quantum second spared by endless time, I was detached from the real world. I was lost, a pang out of nowhere took over the emotion chamber of my heart. One thing that I couldn’t deny, all these days I passed with him, them, one part of me somehow and some reason, made me feel close to them. They told we were a family. I was a family. Does a family betray their other?

With them, with me, there was a strong connection, relatability. The more I saw, I observed, I found out, they were just like me. Vulnerable, to themselves.

The blindfold on my eyes had started to thicken, as I spent more and more time. I was warned to not fall under the fake charms they hold. I was so vain, so confident that I wouldn’t. But now...

Do I feel sorry? This was not the ‘me’ when I joined the special force, when I was chosen for this mission.

What is wrong with me this time? On top of that, why them?

It feels like...

>>>

‘Calling 47. What’s the report?’

‘They are still where they are. No action yet.’

‘Are all seven of them there?’

‘Yes.’

‘Alright. Keep your eyes on them and wait.’

‘Hmm, okay. Give me a location of other agents.’

‘The rest of the operatives are all there, have taken position around the place. Operative seven is inside the building, he will remain around you in case to help. Operative twenty-two and his three-man team are keeping an eye on the guards, forty-five and his group are scattered around, covering the whole place.’

‘Who is Operative Seven?’

‘He’s backside undercover. Don’t buzz around looking for him. Remember, none of you knows each other. Concentrate on the mission.’