Part 7: Explanations

I groan sleepily as I roll over and look at the time, 3:30

"Maggie, Mea, shut the hell up, why are you barking so much?" I throw the pillow over my head in a lousy attempt to drown out the sound of my overachieving guard dogs freaking out at the wind causing the windows to creak. They settle down, but then I hear a knocking coming from the front door. That must have been the cause of their freak out. Hesitant to open the door at 3:30, I tiptoe towards the door a dog on either side of me, careful not to make a sound, just incase I need to pretend not to be home. I look through the peep hole, completely surprised as to who is on the other side of the door.

Sebastian

I open the door slowly, "Sebs?"

"Hey sis," He gives me a sheepish smile.

"What the hell are you doing here? Do you know what time it is? You scared the crap out of me."

"Eli gave me your address, I'm sorry, I should have called, I thought I would surprise you."

"Well, you succeeded, come in, come in." Still not exactly sure that thats a good idea, from what Noah says, Seb's sober, but he's always been good at hiding it.

"Why are you here Seb?" My voice, I can tell the tone stings him. He sighs as he slowly and shyly blurts out...

"I wanted to talk to you in person, try to apologize, tell you I'm out of that shit now, I cut ties with Eric and all of his friends, I should have been on your side the whole time, you're my sister, and I didn't protect you." He almost starts to cry. I reach over and hug him and tell him that everything is going to be alright.

"Seb, I hate to do this but I've got to go to sleep, but I have to work early. And Seb... I'd rather you not be here when I'm not, tomorrow, I can set you up with your own space."

"I get it, I can make myself busy. Thank you."

"Thanks, I can try to get out early, and we can go to dinner, and Ill show you around a bit, and if you want, I can put you to work while you're here, i'm in the process of opening a photo studio and could use all the manual labor help I could get." Everyone is right, I do need to make amends to people, especially Seb.

"I'm going to earn your trust back Kam. I promise." After a bit more catching up, and some awkward chatting, I let him sleep in the spare room for the night.

My 6 am alarm came way too quick. I groaned, internally deciding to skip running so i can get another hour extra of sleep. I am fully dreading going to work today after Friday's excitement at Hal's.

The office is its typical Monday quiet, with the smell of fresh coffee filling the whole floor. I need it. Wherever that coffee is, I need it.

"Kam, my office please." Michelles's voice was tense and short. I make my way to her office with my head held high and confidence beaming, even if she tries to do or say anything, its going to be alright. I don't need this job. I just want it for now.

"Good morning, Michelle."

"Morning, now, apparently, according to HR, I need a reason to fire you," she pauses to roll her eyes in my direction.

"So, please, give me a good one,"

I started laughing. "Oh, Michelle. You're just a selfish little bitch aren't you." My brain couldn't stop my mouth.

"Things didn't go you're way, and now you're just cold heartedly going to shun me, well, good luck, because I can make you just as miserable as you can attempt to make me, and I have Ben. You don't. so, who's winning in the end?" Leaving her with her jaw wide open I walked out of the office. I sent Ben a 'we really need to talk text' and I went about my day.