19: The Move

The day has come, it's time to move into the new house. Holden has been so great about everything. He's been so go with the flow and it's been so great to see Ben and him form this "broey" vibe together. He's also been a huge help in getting everything ready for the move. 

It didn't take take long to get mine and Ben's apartments packed up. It also didn't take me long to realize how much I hated the decor in my apartment compared to Ben's but, none of our collective furniture or decor goes with the new house or is big enough to fill the spaces. 

"We need all new things." I looked at Ben, slightly defeated.

"Yeah, I'm starting to realize. I'll talk to a couple buddies, see if they want any of it. We can donate the rest of the stuff."

"As much as I love that idea.  A lot of my stuff is brand new. I'll try to sell it first. If it doesn't go in a week, we can donate it." 

"Deal." We shake on it and I let the Ben and his friends do the rest of the work moving the furniture while Holden and I start to unpack some of the boxes. 

"Let's start in your room. That way it's done enough for you to sleep tonight, you have school tomorrow little dude." Holden lets out a very audible groan. Moving the day before the first day of school wasn't my intention, but when we schedule everything I wasn't thinking about the dates. 

"Did you pick which one you want yet?"  his eyes widened

"You mean, I get to pick my room?" I laugh at him

"Yes, there's 4 that you you can choose from. Did Ben not give you the tour the other day when you came over with him?"

"Yeah sure. He didn't. We just hung out in the great room." 

"Alright. C'mon. I'll give you the grand tour." 

We start by the front door. Where you walk into the foyer. On your left is a half bathroom, on your right an office with beautiful glass paned French doors. The house is crisp and airy with white walls, That I'll probably paint later and dark espresso wood floors. The kitchen and living room are open to each other with a nook for a dining table. The kitchen is my dream come true, it's unique. The cabinets are royal blue with gold hardware. There's a white tile hexagon backsplash and the counters are a pure white quartz. There's a large island with a farm house sing that has a natural wood counter and a good sized pantry in the far corner. The living room is vaulted and large with a fireplace on the back wall. Off the living room is the master suite. The room is a perfect size, the bathroom is amazing with a jacuzzi tub and a double walk in shower thats lined with the same tile as the backsplash in the kitchen. Through the bathroom is the master closet that appears to be the same size as one of the other bedrooms. Up stairs there's four bedrooms and three bathrooms. One bedroom has its own private bathroom, probably the room Holden will choose. Two of the bedrooms share a Jack and Jill bathroom and there's a bedroom without an attached bedroom and the third bathroom is directly across from that room. There's also a bonus room/loft area thats going to make a great reading room for me. Then, there's the basement. A generous sized recreation room is the main area but there's also the sixth bedroom with it's own attached bath and a small kitchenette that mirrors the main kitchen. On the main floor off of the garage theres also a mudroom and a laundry/utility room. 

"So, what do ya think?" 

"It reminds me a lot of home base." Home base is what we all call my mom's house. We decided not to sell it, so that when parts of the family that no longer live in town come to visit we have a place to stay. It'll also be nice to carry on our holiday traditions there. 

"You're right, The lay out is kind of similar." 

"I think I want the bedroom that has its own bathroom. Is that okay?"