Chapter 1

Previous day.

They where driving up a dusty and unkept road having nothing in mind but to find their friends, her daughter, and Rick's family. Feeling every small bump in the road Mill tries to sleep off the past couple of days. Waking up to this happening makes you not sleep properly at night, especially if you had family out here. Like Rick's wife and son and Mill's daughter. Sparing a glance a Rick who had his focus on the road in front of him she could see that he was having trouble as well. His shoulders that once barely held tension where now full of it. Not to mention the little disputes they seem to have every now and then. They used to never fight not once, now it was almost a regular thing to do. It's really the only thing they could do, fight each other, fight the dead, fight the urge to loose hope. The list goes on and on but all having that one word 'fight'. Now here they are in Rick's wreaked and banged up sheriffs car.

They stopped every now and then getting or as least trying to get supplies from gas stations or the common abandoned house on the side of the road. They haven't found gas for quite some time now. Letting out a frustrating sigh Rick glances down at the gas gage seeing that they were running on fumes. They make it to the next intersection when the car finally stops.
"God damnit not again." Mill's frustrated voice broke the silence as she looks over at Rick who reaches down and puts the car in park before turning the key in the ignition to pull it out and popping the trunk.

They both get out, something they both found useful if they were to ever get into a fight, or something goes wrong like a herd of walkers. Walking to the back of the car Mill opens the trunk fully revealing a red gas can and yellow funnel. (If I remember correctly) Rick makes his way to the back of the car to his used to be college and friend now survival partner. Glancing over at Mill who now had the gas can and funnel out of the trunk they make their way across the intersection to a near by gas station. They walk together in silence looking out into the apocalyptic world around them trying to make out a threat from the brush and cars around them. Only to hear and see none.

Walking pasted what was once a old semi truck Mill stops slightly taking in the sight before her. The truck was turned over as if it was trying to miss something in the road. Smoke poured out of it like water from a faucet. Shaking her head slightly Mill continues after Rick who watches her to make sure she was alright. As they walked further towards the gas station more and more cars where littering the road and grass. It was a ghost town as they descended down the small slope only to find what was left of a makeshift camp. Children's toys, and home items littered the ground as well as the occasional dead corpse here and there. Taking her crossbow off her back Mill points it at the ground in front of her. Glancing into cars that held dead bodies they both made sure they were all dead. Scrunching up their noses at the stench of rot and decay that was thick in the air.

Finally getting to the gas station they look around before screeching could be heard. Not taking any chances about the situation Mill looks around crossbow pointing up in front of her at the general direction the sound was coming from. Rick with his hand on his colt in its holster looked around as well before looking up seeing that it was only a sign.
"Hey we're fine." Rick reassured Mill placing a gentle hand on her crossbow before gesturing up with his eyes making the women look up. There she saw a sigh swaying it the little breeze on this Georgia day. Lowering her crossbow to point at the ground Millie sighed
"No Gas." Rick breathed out in a sigh making Mill groan.
"Well shoot me and call me George. Again what is this the seventh time." Rick nodded in agreement to his friends statement before looking around at all the abandoned cars.
"Yeah but we might be able to scavenge something from all the cars here." Rick suggests as he makes his way to one of the cars scattered all over the place. Mill even though Rick couldn't see it nods in agreement going over to another car a couple yards away from Rick's.