Chapter 4

They made it to a house down the road a couple down from Mill's who still was really worried about her daughter and friends. She really didn't have any family left only her mother who she hated with a passion. In front of the house stood one of those things. Being her protective self stepped in front of the two guys aiming for the things heart. The man seeing where she was aiming quickly walked over to her and places a hand on her shoulder.
"You have to aim for the head. That's the only way I know to kill them that actually works." Nodding at the guys words of advice Mill raises her crossbow to aim at the things head. Her finger on the trigger she watches as the thing turns to them taking a few struggled steps before Mill squeezes the trigger. The arrow goes flying in a blur of black and red until it makes contact with the things head. Stopping in its tracks the thing collapses onto the ground.

Lowering her crossbow from her face Mill glances to the man who looks at her before continuing to walk towards the house. The boy runs forwards to retrieve the arrow from the corpse before going back to Mill who smiled down at him.
"Why thank you." She spoke taking the arrow from him to which he smiles before turning to head over to him father. Looking in the direction they where heading she saw that they where heading to one of Rick's neighbors house. They where an older couple, sweet as can be. They always have Mary and Carl sweets every time they came to visit. Mill sighing sadly remembers how Mary's face used to light up at the mention of their names.

Walking off to where the father and son where walking in front of her she looks around. All the people that she called friends where gone a not of their houses looked ransacked and their cars mostly gone. It gave her hope that maybe they where alive and well. They made it to the house and the man let his son walk in first before turning towards Mill with a stern look.
"Can I trust you." He spoke his voice holding a tone that makes Mill flinch.
"I was in the military for ten years. I served as a cop for eight. I have a five year old daughter who is missing and friends that are as well. If I wanted to hurt you or your boy I would've already done so. I would never hurt someone unless they gave me a reason to." Mill spoke truthfully her eyes looking at him showing him she was not intimidated and was not backing down from what she had said. The man nods at her answer before stepping aside and letting her into the house. She was hesitant as first she doesn't know this man, but deciding it was better then being out their she gave in and causally steps into the house hearing the man shut the door behind him.

"I'm Morgan by the way. This is my son Duane." Morgan states as Duane joins him at his side. Mill watches as Morgan places a protective hand on little Duane's shoulder.
"Your Officer Rogers aren't you." Duane speaks his eyes big as an even bigger smile makes its way onto his face.
"I would ask for an autograph but well...yeah." Smiling at him as she watches a shyness take over him Mill bends down and places her duffle in front of her. Morgan who watches skeptically was ready to reach for his gun if she tried anything but soon relaxed seeing her pull out a police cap. (Like Shane has) She places it Ojirou too of Duane's head watching as it falls to cover his eyes to which he lifts it to uncover them.
"It's two big." He laughs making Mill chuckle and take it for him snapping it to fit him properly.
"There you go son. Ready to save the world from the dead?" She states making Duane smile and nod his head.
"Yes ma'am I am." Mill places a hand on his shoulder with a wide smile.
"No need to be formal son, we Officers know each other by name. So you by all means call me Mill."
He smiled and ran over to a mattress in the living room and started to read some comics. Morgan watching the whole thing walks over to Mill as she stands up and fixed her duffel on her shoulder. Only to since at the sudden stretch from the stitches.

"Here let me take a look at that shoulder of yours."
Morgan speaks as he walks her over to side down on a chair instructing her to take off her uniform jacket and place her arm in the table in front of them. She did as she was told thankful that she had put on a dark grey tank top before her uniform. The white cotton bandage was stained red as Mill watches as Morgan carefully started to peel off the medical tape.
"This way hurt." He states preparing Mill for what ever pain of Wang was about to come. He pulls the gauze away from her would watching as she tenses every now and then when the gauze would be stuck to the wound. It wasn't anything she hasn't felt before. She was shot in combat many times almost dying once from blood loss when a bullet ripped through a major artery.