Chapter 12

Mill grabbed the down redneck by his shirt her eyes held anger as she glared down at the man.
"Who the are you guys." Merle grunts out glaring up at Mill who still had a firm grip in his shirt.
"Your worst nightmare." She states her voice low and chillingly calm. She pushes Merle back against the poles behind him making him let out a grunt before letting go and walking off to a disheveled T-Dog. Rick stays back though watching her retreating form with sad eyes before turning to the man at his feet. Only to see the man already looting at him.
"Officer friendly." He spoke coldly making Rick sigh.
"Look here, Merle. Things are different now. There is no n****** anymore. No dumb as shit, inbred white-trash fools either. Only dark meat and white meat. There's us and the dead. We survive this by pulling together, not apart." Ricks calm voice pissed off Merle even more making him glare again.
"Screw you, man." His voice was raised slightly making Mill yet again roll her eyes and walk over after making sure T-Dog was okay.

"I can see you make a habit of missing the point." She comments in the same tone as before crossing her arms over her chest wincing slightly at the pain that shot through her shoulder.
"Yeah well screw you twice." Merle responded leaning forward slightly at if it would make her fall back. Rick grabbed the gun that once was on T-Dog off the ground and cocked it before pointing it at Merle.
"Ought to be polite to a man with a gun. Only common sense." He quotes the words Merle spoke not long ago making Merle look at him with a glare.
"You wouldn't. You're a cop." Rick new that was semi true which made him falter a bit. He would only shoot someone if he needed to, even if they are a huge asshole.
"All I am anymore is a man looking for his wife and son. Anybody that gets in the way of that is gonna lose.. I'll give you a moment to think about that." With that Rick drops the gun to point at the ground and was about to walk away when something caught his eye. He crouched down in front of Merle and started to search his pockets. Upon searching the pockets of his leather jacket Rick finds a blunt.

"Here." Mill spoke holding her hand out for Rick to hand her the blunt to which he did. He turns to Merle who watches the girl with his stuff closely, only looking away when Rick grabs his hand in one hand and turns it seeing the white powder on his knows.
"You got some on your nose there." He spoke flicking his nose slightly as it showing him where it was. Merle starts to laugh historically.
"What are you gonna do, arrest me?" He joked making Rick stand up from his spoke in front of him. He turns to Mill watching as she flicked the blunt over the side of the building before turning back to the high off his ass redneck.
"Hey! What are you doing? Girl that was my stuff! Hey!" He yelled straining against the cuffs preventing him from getting up and throwing the smaller female off the side of the building.
"If I get loose, you'd better pray. Yeah hear me, you pig?! You hear me?" His threats didn't even bother her considering she was surrounded by people who hated Merle, plus she could kick his ass into next week.
"Yeah, your voice carries." She muttered making some of the people on the roof suppress a laugh. She walked away to another spot on the roof Rick following after her wanting to apologize for acting and saying thing he didn't mean. All the while ignoring the rude insults coming from Merle.

Once he reached her he gently grabbed onto her forearm making pain shoot threw his hand. He retracts it wincing slightly. This make Mill turn to him his a worried face, one Rick hasn't seen in a long time.
"Are you okay?" She spoke looking at his hand as he rubbed it. He looked down almost ashamed of himself for putting her through everything her did.
"I'm fine, but Mill...look I'm-"
"You guys aren't from Atlanta P.D. Where you from." Morales voice interrupted Rick's apology making Rick let out a huff in frustration before turning to the man.
"Up the road a ways." He spoke seeing Mill nod her head slightly out of the corner of his eye.
"Well, Officer Friendly and Our Worst Nightmare, from up the road a ways. Welcome to the big city."

Thunder boomed over head almost drowning out the sound of the walkers under their feet. Most of the group when over to the ledge of the building and peered over it seeing more walkers have gathered because of Merle's shooting.
"God it's like Time Square down there." Andrea breathes out not believing how many of those things are below them. Turning towards T-Dog who was leaning against the little wall that the group was peering over.
"How's the signal?" Morales asked making T-Dog look from him to Merle.
"Like Dixon's brain. Weak." This makes Merle let out a huff and glare at him.
I looked over at Mill to see her looking over the edge again.
"Keep trying." Morales spoke making Andrea huff and turn towards Rick in anger.
"Why? There's nothing we can do. Not a damn thing." She spoke glaring at Rick before walking off in anger.
"I'll go after her." Mill spoke seeing how the blonde had helped her before. Rick sighed watching her retreating form having lost him chance to apologize at the moment.
"Got some people outside the city is all. It's up to us to find a way out." Morales states making Rick look up at him.
"Then she's right. We're on our own. It's up to us to find a way out." He spoke making Morales look up at him. From behind them Merle let out a slight chuckle.

"Good luck with that. Theses streets ain't safe in this part of town from what I hear." Merle jokes as his eye travel to the two girls talking a few yards away.
"Ain't that right, sugar tits? Hey Honeybunch, what say you get me out of theses cuffs; we go off somewhere and bump some uglies? Gonna die anyway." He states making Andrea and Mill tense slightly a look of disgust clear as day on their faces.
"I'd rather-"
"Rug muncher. I figured as much." Merle comments looking away from them. Making everyone roll their eyes.
"The streets ain't safe. Now there's an understatement." Morales spoke to Rick who looks away from Merle to him.
"What about under the streets? The sewers?" The idea Rick came up with seemed to brighten Morales spirits slightly as a smile started to form on his face.
"Oh man. Hey, Glenn, check the alley. You see any manhole covers?" He questioned watching as Glenn learned over the side of the building to the alley below.
"No, must be all out on the street where the geeks are." He spoke disappointment in his tone making Morales less bright.

Jacqui stood up from her spoke besides T-Dog and looked at everyone before starting to walk towards the door leading into the building.
"Maybe not. Old buildings like this built in the twenties. Big structures often had drainage tunnels into the sewers in case of flooding down in the subbasements." She states making the group pause for a moment all eyes on her.
"How do you know that?" Glenn asked making he older women stop and turn to him.
"It's my job, was. I worked in the city zoning office." She answered making her way into the building. Most of the group followed her down into the building only stopping when they reached the subbasement.

Once their they found a square hole in the floor of the building a ladder descending down into it.
"This is it? Are you sure?" Morales questioned looking over at Glenn who nods.
"I really scoped this place out the other times I was here. It's the only thing in the building that goes down. But I've never gone down it. Who'd want to, right?" Everyone looks over at him making him look down into the drain.
"Oh. Great." He spoke sarcasm laced in his voice.
"We'll be right behind you." Andrea reassured him making Glenn look at her.
"No, you won't. Not you." He spoke making Andrea slightly pissed.
"Why not me? Think I can't?" Has asked making Glenn shake his head.
"I wasn't-" he spoke before stopping making Rick turn to him with a slight nod.
"Speak your mind." He spoke making Glenn sigh.
"Look, until now I always came here by myself- in and out, grab a few things, no problem. The first time I bring a group. Everything goes to hell. No offense. If you want me to go down this gnarly hole fine, but only if we do it my way. It's tight down there. If I run into something and have to get out quick, I don't want you all jammed up behind me getting me killed. I'll take one person."

Rick a Mill where about to volunteer when Glenn stopped him.
"Not you two either. Rick you've got Merle's gun and Mill you got a bag of guns and a crossbow. Plus I seen you two shoot. I'd feel safer if you two where out in that store, watching those doors covering our asses." He claimed making Mill give him a slight nod. He then turned to Andrea who had calmed down now.
"And you got the only other gun, so you should go with them." Glenn then turned to the remainder of the group.
"Morales, you be my wingman. Jacqui stays here. Something happens, yell down to get us back up here in a hurry." Jacqui nods saying a strong okay along with Morales.
"Okay, everybody knows their jobs?" Rick asked making everyone nod his head. Rick places a reassuring pat on Glenn's shoulder before walking away with the two women following shortly behind him. Hopefully this plan works.

Hope you guys are doing okay and staying safe. I will see you in the next chapter. Buh Bye!

"Your as cold as ice Officer Friendly ." ~Merle Dixon