Chapter 16

"No easy way to say this, so I'll just say it." Rick spoke getting Daryl's attention.
"Who are you?" He asked glaring at Rick.
"Rick Grimes." Rick replied coming to a halt next to Shane.
"Rick Grimes, you got something you want to tell me?" The redneck spoke stepping towards Rick slightly.
"Your brother was a banger to us all, so I handcuffed him on a roof, hooked him to a piece of metal, he's still there." At this point T came back with some more firewood and was looking at the commotion in front of him.
"Hold on. Let me proses this. You're saying you handcuffed my brother to a roof and you left him there?!" Daryl growled turning away from Rick slightly before turning back to him.
"Yeah." Losing his head Rick shifted his weight to one foot before stepping back slightly as Daryl throws the rope of squirrels at him. Who in returned gets body slammed by Shane. Seeing this both T and Mill jumped into action.
"Hey." T spoke as Daryl pulled out his hunting knife. Not noticing the blade Mill stood in front of Rick the adrenaline pumping through her veils. She feels something punch her stomach but didn't think anything of it her main focus was to not get stabbed and to stop Daryl from continuing his little rampage.

Rick lands a punch to the gut on the redneck taking this opportunity Shane quickly grabs him from behind and puts him in a choke hold before bringing him to the floor. Daryl's grip on his knife looses enough for Rick to just take it from him.
"You'd best let me go!" Daryl yelled as Mill started to feel something warm on her stomach, she didn't think anything by it though, waving it off as the punch bruising.
"Nah, I think it's better if I don't." Shane spoke shaking his head as Daryl tried to get out of his grasp.
"Chock holds illegal." He grunts our fighting against Shane who still held him down.
"You can file a complaint. Come on man. We'll keep this up all day." Shane counters as Rick knelt down coming face to face with the redneck.
"I'd like to have a calm discussion on this topic. Do you think we can manage that?" He asked cocking his head to the side.
"Hmm? Mmm. Yeah." Shane answered for Daryl before letting go of him watching as he pants.
"What I did was not on a whim. Your brother does not work and play well with others." Rick spoke as Daryl tried to regain his breath.
"It's not Rick's fault... I had the key. I dropped it." T spoke up making Daryl turn to him.
"You couldn't pick it up?" Daryl asked standing up to his full hight passing back and forth slightly.
"I dropped it down the drain." T added making Daryl tear up slightly, but being the stubborn redneck he was he didn't let it show.

"If it's supposed to make me feel better. It don't." He spoke slightly his voice laced with grief over the news of his brother.
"Well, maybe this will. Look, I chained the door to the roof so the geeks couldn't get at him. With a padlock." T spoke trying to reason with the Dixon, or at least calm him down slightly.
"It's gotta count for something." Rick adds as Daryl just whips his eyes before pointing at them.
"Hell will all y'all! Just tell me where he is so's I can go get him."
"Oh my God!" Lori hollered making some of the group members look at her. "Mill your, your." She couldn't get her sentence out she just stood their staring at Mill with wide eyes. Mill looks down feeling something warm run down her stomach. The tank top she ware to bet last night was covered in blood. Making the groups eyes widen, realizing what just happened Mill could feel the burning in her abdomen making her put a hand over the wound. It was only then Daryl looked down at the knife He now held in his hands seeing the blood glistening off it in the sunlight. About to say something Mill opened her mouth to speak but soon closed if as her eyes rolled back and her eye lids shut. She starts to fall forward causing members of the group to come to her aid. Shane was the one to catch her though pulling her close to him.
"No, no, no, no, no. Mill you can't do this to me, come on." Shane moved her hair out if her paling face whipping off some of the sweat as well.

"Get her into the RV!" Dale shouts watching Shane pick up the bleeding women in her arms.
"Mommy!" Mark shouts seeing her mom get rushed into the RV. Lori stopped her before she could go after them though. Daryl watched from where he still stood, he didn't know the little girl he bonded with for the last couple of months was Mill's daughter, he'll he didn't even know Mill is married. After a while all the men came out, Shane had blood all over his shirt and hands making him walk off towards the lake near camp. They all looked sick having grown close to Mill over the past day. A couple house later the girls come out of the RV. Everyone looked at them and they just shook their heads. They don't know what the outcome will be for her, but they did all they could do.

"Last time I asked God for a favor and stopped to admire a view, my son got shot. I try not to mix it up with the almighty anymore." ~Rick Grimes