Chapter 13

Mill walked over to Andrea who was looking at stuff around the store. Hearing someone behind her she turns only to see Mill who smiles softly at her.
"Again sorry about the gun in your partners face." Andrea spoke while looking at the walkers banging on the glass. Mill looks over at her making the blonde take her gaze away from the corpses to her newly found companion.
"You already apologized Andrea, don't worry about it. People do things when they're afraid." Mill spoke making the female in front of her chuckle a bit before going back to look at the jewelry displayed in front of her.
"Not that it was entirely unjustified. You guys did get us into this mess." Andrea adds half jokingly making Mill smile.
"If we get you out, would that make up for it?" A voice sounded from behind them making both of them jump slightly before turning. Rick was in front of them hand on the gun in its holster just Incase the walkers break threw.
"No, but it'd be a start." Andrea clarifies making both new comers nod. Glancing down at the ground Mill saw Andrea had her gun in her hand before she smiled. Andrea looked over at her a small smile on her face.
"What?" She asked interested in what Mill was smiling at.
"Next time you point that gun at someone. Make sure the safety is off. It won't shoot otherwise." Mill clarified making Andrea look down at the gun in her hand.
"Oh." She spoke slightly embarrassed about it.
"Is that your gun?" Rick asked making Andrea look at him. A wave of sadness and grief filled her eyes.
"It was a gift, why?" Rick holds out his hand and Andrea hesitantly places her gun in it.

"Little red dot means it's ready to fire. You may have occasion to use it." Rick spoke turning the safety off before handing it back to Andrea who looks down at it.
"Good to know." She spoke before looking back over at the necklaces stopping on a mermaid one. Taking a quick glance at the walkers she turns back to Andrea who still eyed the necklace.
"See something you like?" She spoke making Andrea look over at her with a soft smile.
"Not me, but I know someone who would, my sister. She's still such a kid in some ways. Unicorn, dragons, she's into all that stuff. But mermaids, they rule. She loves mermaids." Mill smiles at the way she spoke so fondly of her sister being an older sister herself she knew the feeling, Mill and her sister though didn't get along well.
"Why don't you take it?" Andrea turns to Mill with the same soft smile on her face.
"There's to cops looking at me." She joked earning a slight chuckle from Mill and Rick. "Would it be considered looting?" Andrea questioned turning to the two officers who are with her.
"I don't think those rules apply anymore. Do you?" Rick spoke making Andrea smile and take the necklace from where it was displayed and carefully place it in her pocket. The sound of glass shattering interrupted them making the small group run over to investigate with their weapons raised.

Arriving at the scene they saw that one of the two walls of glass keeping the walkers out had been shattered and they where working on the second layer. The three other members of the group in the subbasement was alerted by the sound as well and came to investigate just Incase their comrades needed help. Rick turns to the three what were now with them with a questioning look.
"What did you guys find down there?" He asked making Glenn shake his head.
"Not a way out." Rick glances over at the walkers seeing the glass slightly crack index the force they where creating.
"We need to find a way...and soon." He spoke seeing more walkers approach the glass.

Time skip

The group made their way back to the roof seeing T-Dog and Merle have not moved from their spots when they left. Rick walks over and peers over the side of the building trying to find a way to get them out of this. Looking around Rick spokes a construction site.
"That construction site, those trucks, they always keep keys on hand." Rick points out not taking his gaze off it the site. Morales comes to his side looking at the sites as well before glancing at the streets below.
"You'll never make it past the walkers." He comments making Rick turn to Glenn.
"You got us out of that tank." Rick speaks making Glenn look over at him.
"Yeah but they were feeding. They were distracted." Making Rick think for a moment.
"Can we distract them again?" His question made Merle interested in the conversation, him being high as a kite and wanting to put his two since in.
"Right. Listen to him, he's onto something. A diversion, like on "Hogans Heros." His comment made Jacqui roll her eyes and look at him.
"God. Give it a rest." She muttered going unheard by the redneck.
"They're drawn to sound, right?" Mill asked making Morales look over at the smaller female.
"Right, like dogs. They hear a sound, they come." He answered making Mill nod trying to think of something.
"What else?" She asked making Morales thing for a moment before responding.
"Aside from hearing you? They see you, smell you and if they catch you, they eat you." Morales lists off making Rick look over at him.
"They can tell us by smell?" He asked making Glenn and Andrea look over at him.
"Can't you?" Andrea asked not believing how he could tell.
"They smell dead, we don't. It's pretty distinct." Glenn adds on making Rick think of something to do with the new information he has.