Shower Sobs

"Good morning beautiful," you heard as you woke up to Josh facing you in bed.

"Good morning handsome," you said smiling.

"I have a big day planned for us," Josh said, sitting up in bed and stretching.

"Oh yeah? How so?" you asked as you reached for your phone to check your notifications.

"Well, first things first: season 7 of Fortnite just came out, so I'mma buy us the Battle Pass and we're gonna win the Victory Royale glider," he said, making his way over to his bag and pulling out his laptop. You both hadn't gamed in so long together that it almost felt like unknown territory.

"Oohh, I can get on board with that," you said as you jumped out of bed and grabbed your computer as well, more excited than ever.

"Alex and Ben are gonna play with us too," Josh said, walking out into the living room.

"Are they coming over?" you asked following behind Josh with your laptop in hand.

"Yup," he replied, placing a kiss on your head.

"I'm so excited!!!" you cheered, jumping up and down.

"You're so cute," Josh said with a smile.

"Not as cute as you, mister Dun," you said tapping his nose as he giggled in front of you.

"What time are they coming over Joshie?" you asked, still following him around like a lost puppy.

"Probably two or so," he said, opening the fridge to grab something to eat for breakfast.

"It's ten right now, we better get cleaned up," you said, placing your laptop down on the counter top of the kitchen.

"You're right," Josh said as he started the coffee maker and prepared the stove to cook food.

"We better get cleaned up," you repeated, nudging his side.

"...I heard you the first time?" Josh said with a curious look.

"We," you said, pointing at both of you, "better go get cleaned up."

"Oh, yeah?" he said, realizing what you were hinting at.

Grabbing his hand, you pulled him along with you to the bathroom. Reaching over to start up the warm water, you made your way over to him slowly. Looking into his eyes with a smile, you grabbed the bottom of his t-shirt and pulled it over his head, gently placing a kiss on his collar bone. Josh smiled, taking the straps of your tank top and pulling them down from your shoulders as he lifted your shirt off as well, tossing it on to the floor next to his shirt.

Next you switched back to him, taking the edges of his shorts and pulling them down to the ground. He kicked them off, returning back to you and removing your shorts as well. Lastly you pulled down his boxers, kissing him on the lips as he removed your panties from you. There was nothing being said, only the sound of the water running and light kisses being placed on one anothers lips. Josh grabbed your hand, leading you into the shower as you both stood there with the warm water hitting your skin and dampening your hair. You giggled as you saw the water turn blue from your hair dye, and his matching with the color red. 

"Gotta love having unnatural hair color," he said, smiling as he placed his forehead against yours and placed his hands on your hips. Josh gently pulled you closer, placing a delicate kiss on your lips that you returned.

"You're so pretty," Josh said with a grin as his mocha eyes stared into yours. The comment made you flush as you looked down at the shower floor.

"Thanks," you said.

"Look at me, Y/N," Josh said as you locked eyes yet again.

"I mean it, you are truly stunning. Your eyes, your face, your little stretch marks and cute little chubby thighs," he said, running his fingertips across your slick skin. Warm water cascaded your naked bodies as they rested on the other, you both washing each others bodies slowly.

"I love you, Joshua," you said with a smile, tears forming in your eyes that went unnoticed from the shower water.

"I love you too, Y/N," Josh said, staring at your body like it was a work of art.

Josh finishing first and leaving the shower to grab a towel. No more than a few seconds later did you finish showering yourself. 

"Here, pretty girl," he said, handing you a warm towel before you could exit the shower. As you dried yourself off and tied the towel around your torso, Josh yet again walked up to you only to swoop you up into his arms and carry you to the bedroom. He sat down on the bed, wrapping his arms around you as he held you.

"Never leave me," you said, placing your head against his chest. Josh cradled your head in his left hand, holding you close to him.

"I promise," he said, looking down at you to notice the scars that lined your upper arm and thighs. The warm shower water made them show more prominent, and being so close to you made it to where he could see them. His breath hitched at the sight. Josh had yet to notice them until now, and seeing them was like a punch in the gut. 

Rubbing his hand along your side, Josh said quietly as he rested his head on yours, "...and I promise to keep you out of harms way, and to keep you safe and protect you with everything I have," 

"I'm so lucky to have you," you said in a hushed tone, quietly sobbing into his chest.

"Baby girl, I think it's the other way around," he said, lifting his head and seeing you cry. He took his fingers and wiped away your tears, cupping your face in his hand to stare at you.

"Please don't cry," he said with a pouted bottom lip, almost as if it was going to cause him to break.

"I'm sorry daddy," you said, taking the back of your hand and wiping your face as you regained your breath from sobbing.

Leaning in, Josh kissed your forehead with a small smile.

"You're my little girl," he said, gently rocking you back and forth "and I can't have my little girl upset," 

He reached in and started poking at your sides, knowing you were ticklish there.

"Stop it you monster," you said laughing and giggling as he tickled you.

"There's my favorite smile," he said, laughing and making you chuckle at him messing with you.

"Stoooop!" you said as you fell back on the mattress.

"Alright, alright," he said smiling as he sat beside you. "Come on beautiful, let's go get ready for our day," he said, smiling and kissing your lips.

"Okay Joshie," you said, smiling and feeling butterflies in your stomach.

What is it that he has in mind for us today?  you thought to yourself.

God I hope she likes what I have planned for us tonight... Josh thought to himself.

***