Chapter 22

Tim was searching for a way out of the dark room when he noticed a small air vent that led right outside. Tim quickly removed the plating and got on his knees. He winced in pain everytime one of the sides of the small metal tunnel hit him, but quickly made it out into the fresh air. Tim smiled widely as he held in a squeal. He had made it out. He was safe. He stood up, wincing. He had to get help. His family needed him. He limped away from the warehouse. Going down many flights of stairs and wincing every time. Once on the streets, people began staring at him. He ignored them and trudged on.

It felt like hours, but eventually he reached Wayne Manor. The large building looked ominous in the dark light. He went up to the front door and rang the doorbell. He was panting, his face drenched in sweat. His leg stung so bad that he felt that he might collapse at any moment. Alfred answered the door, worry plastered on his face, but once he saw Tim he smiled so wide that it looked like it took up all of his face. He hugged Tim so tight that Tim almost screamed in pain. "Master Tim! You're back!" He said cheerfully. Once he noticed that Tim was in pain, he let go of him, "Let's get you inside." He led Tim inside. Tim limped beside him until they reached the living room. Stephanie and Barbara were sitting on one of the couches quietly whispering to each other. When they saw Tim, their faces lit up. They rushed over to him and hugged him. Tim winced again. They two women noticed and quickly let go.

"What happened?" Stephanie asked frantically. She noticed his blood stained leg and that he was clutching his ribs, "Tim... What did he do to you..." Stephanie softened her voice, staring into Tim's eyes. Tim couldn't look at her.

"He needs to lie down, Stephanie," Barbara said, placing her hand on Stephanie's shoulder. They led Tim to one of the couches and he laid down. It hurt to breath, but he was glad he was home. The only problem was that the rest of the Bat-family wasn't here. He needed them here. He loved them. They were his life. His only family.