Chapter 23

Bruce was smiling. He couldn't stop. Tim, his son, was alive! Damian wasn't crying anymore, a slight smile was appearing on his face. Everyone was smiling now, even though they were tied up. They didn't care. Not now. The only thought that went through their heads were that Tim was alive. He had escaped and was safe. Then, Ra's al Ghul walked into the room. His face was red and his eyes were filled with hatred. "I heard what happened to your Bird, Batman. I'm impressed that he lived," His voice was calm, but it still sounded like he could burst into a screaming fit at any second. "But what I really want to know is how did he escape. He was injured, he must of had help."

"He's a strong kid. He can get through anything if he tries," Bruce answered smugly. Ra's al Ghul glared at him.

"So then where is he? Tell me Bat!" Ra's al Ghul raised his voice. "Tell me or I will kill one of your precious Birds!" Ra's al Ghul lunged toward Dick and grabbed him by the throat. Ra's al Ghul began to squeeze, choking Dick.

"I don't know!" Bruce cried, "He could be anywhere in Gotham! Somewhere he calls home." As soon as Bruce said it, he regretted it. Ra's al Ghul smiled evilly and let go of Dick. Dick coughed and looked at Bruce.

"Thank you Bat. I start looking," Ra's al Ghul turned around and walked out of the room.

"What have I done?" Bruce said, "I've put Tim in even more danger!" Tears rolled down Bruce's face.

"Bruce, Ra's al Ghul wouldn't look in the Manor," Dick said.

"That's the first place he would look," Damian spoke up.

Dick glared at him, "Not helping Dami."

"Damian's right. Unless we can get in touch with Tim, he'll be captured again. And- and killed," Bruce said, holding back a sob, "I've failed him, and I've failed all of you."