1.2

Natalie

Not going to university was strange for me, I miss going to class and seeing Ashton and having our little coffee dates, soon I would be leaving work after I've had my first scan and after that I don't know what I'll be doing. Today was my first scan and I was nervous because I wanted to know if Michael was coming or not. Luke and Tami dropped me off but before I got out of the car Tami said

"Natalie, just take a deep breath I'm sure Michael will show up"

"Yeah I just need to stop getting worried if he doesn't show up I still have you guys" I said trying to sound positive. 

"Good luck" Tami said, I nodded getting out the car and headed to the doctor.

 - - -

I was sitting in the lobby looking at all these other woman older than me with their husbands by their sides and it made me feel lonely, I was playing with my thumbs until someone next to me spoke up.

"I'm sure who ever the guy your waiting for will come around" I looked up and saw a woman she had a big belly and was holding her husband's hand I smiled and said

"I sure hope so"

"Well listen the first time I had a kid I was worried but this is now my third and I'm just saying having a kid is the best thing even if your young and don't worry I'm this guy will come around because my husband did" I nodded at the lady but found it strange how she knew it was my first time maybe it was obvious.

"Natalie Mitchel" I looked up at the doctor and stood up walking into the room, I guess Michael didn't want to come.

"Hello Natalie how have you been"? He asked smiling at me.

"Yeah I've been alright" I said 

"Did you bring anyone with you?" He asked once again.

"Uh" before I answered, the door opened and stumbling into the room was Michael looking around the room and finally saw me talking to the doctor.

"I'm sorry I'm late, I got stuck in traffic" He said walking over towards us. The doctor smiled and said

"That's fine and you are"?

"Oh I'm Michael the father of this baby" He said shaking his hand.

"Oh so you guys are married"? Michael and I looked at each other and shook my head looking at the doctor.

"Were not married" I said.

"Oh so your boyfriend and girlfriend" He said 

"Yeah were not that either" I told the doctor, the doctor didn't judge at all maybe he had a few people come in with this problem. The doctor opened the door to his room and said to me. 

"Oh, alright then um so just lay down and we can do this scan" I lifted my shirt up and the doctor put the cold gel over my belly and he smiled saying "Don't worry Miss. Mitchel everything will be fine just relax" I took a deep breath thinking the worse that my baby wasn't healthy soon the doctor put this white thick electric wand on my belly, I soon looked at the screen seeing a picture.

"Where is the baby, is it healthy"? I asked the doctor laughed and said

"Okay, you see right there" he said pointing at the screen, Michael and I both nodded "It's the baby's body and right here you can see the heart beating" I didn't speak at all there was a baby in my stomach and I think it was beautiful all the stress went away and it seemed healthy. I soon felt Michael's hand holding mine and I looked at up him but he was staring at the screen.

"So is the baby healthy"? Michael asked

"Yes the baby is fine as you can see" the doctor told us. Maybe having a baby was good after all, Michael lifted my hand giving it a little peck soon smiling at me and I knew everything was going to be okay. 

 - - -

When the doctor was done with us, Michael had to quickly fill out papers and after that we headed outside. I turned around looking at Michael and said

"Uh thanks for coming I guess"

"Well I figured I needed to be here to show support with the baby" He said putting his hands in his pockets

"Well thanks so I guess I'll see you at the next one" I said feeling disappointed that we weren't going to do anything about this baby thing.

"Yeah see you around" Michael said. I nodded at Michael and walked off the other way, I guess this is what it's going to be like and I have to get use to it.

"Natalie, wait" I heard Michael shout I turned around seeing Michael running up to me and he said "Listen, I don't want this to be a normal thing us only seeing each other to see how this baby is doing I want to get to know you better and see how you've been and watch you grow with this baby"

"What are you trying to say"?

"I'm in this one hundred per cent, I want this child to have a father in their life" I smiled at Michael and I gave him a big hug, Michael was here to stay and I was happy and so thankful that he was, I guess the lady was right Michael would come around and be here for me.