The School of Unseen Arts

Lydia's POV:

"So this is the campus?" I asked. It was weeks after what happened and our punishment was over. My mother, aunt, and cousins returned to the school.

I was walking through the halls of the campus when I heard singing I decided to peek through the door, it was my mother this was her class. "Lydia…" mother called.

"Oh crap! Sorry, I was just passing by and heard music…" I started to apologize.

Mother put her hand up to stop me, "Class this is my daughter, Lydia. Now we are missing a soprano singer, could you sub in?"

"Sure mom." I smiled.

"We don't even know if she can sing!" Prudence taunted.

"Oh! My cousin cannot only sing she has the most beautiful voice I've ever heard…" Sabrina snapped, "Show them." Sabrina gave me her song book.

I took it and flipped through the page. "Ok, I do not know any of these songs…" I looked at my mother, "Can I just improve?"

"Of course, halfbreed." Prudence snarled.

"Mother?" I asked.

"Sure." mother nodded.

"Brina?"

"Oh ok…" Sabrina went behind the piano, "What song?"

I leaned over to whisper in my cousin's ear and smiled at her, she nods and starts to play the keys of the piano.

I started singing:

If I should stay
I would only be in your way
So I'll go but I know
I'll think of you every step of the way

And I... will always love you, ooh
Will always love you
You
My darling, you...
Mmm-mm

Bittersweet memories –
That is all I'm taking with me.
So good-bye.
Please don't cry:
We both know I'm not what you, you need

And I... will always love you
I... will always love you
You, ooh

"

That was…" mother looks at me.

"Amazing!" Blackwood clapped his hands as he walked in, "I must say that Lydia is a good singer for a female."

I rolled my eyes, "If you'll excuse me, I need to check on Ambrose…"

To be honest, I just wanted to get out of there, I'm still pissed at Blackwood for what happened, and I am not one to forgive. As I walked in the kitchen, I could smell delicious foods in the oven. "Aunt Hil…" I called as I grabbed and bit the cookie.

"Lydia, what are you doing here, love?" she asked popping out from below the counter.

"I just really need to get away from somebody…" I sighed.

"Zelda?" she guessed

"Blackwood," I responded, "Tell me, Auntie, was there something between him and mother?"

"I'm not sure I'm the right person to answer that." she answered.

"Oh." I got my answer, "There was! When?"

"Well…"

"Gross…" I looked at her.

"I ship it!" Sabrina walks in and grabs a cookie from the jar, "By the way, what do I ship?"