The Nile

Lydia walked in the kitchen, poured herself a cup of coffee, and sat down on the kitchen table.

"Someone is very cheery this morning…" Zelda stated.

"Why wouldn't I be?" Lydia proceeded to drink coffee while watching her daughter and sister eat their food.

Zelda continued to read the paper, as Ambrose walked in, "G'mor— Lydia…"

"Good morning to you too, dear cousin." Lydia smiled.

"Lydia…" Ambrose sat next to Lydia,"are you alright?"

"Yes, I'm alright, why is everyone asking that?!"

"Because, your hair's in a bun…" Ambrose points out, "and your hair is never in a bun…"

"And the fact that the dark lord…" Zelda sighs, "You are destined to defeat him."

"Oh that!" Lydia nods, "That wasn't real…"

"What?!" Hilda asked.

"Yeah, I mean I wasn't destined to fight him… it was just a coincidence…"

"Denial is not just a river in Egypt." Sabrina walked in smirking, "You are destined to destroy him."

"I'm not… I refuse to…" Lydia ran outside.

Lydia stopped on the hill, and sat by the tree. "Listen up! Whoever is in charge, of watching over us, is this your idea of a joke? Me defeat Satan? A mere mortal…"

"But your not just a mortal," a female voice called out. As Lydia turns around, she sees a short blonde haired woman with pale blue eyes approaching her. "You are not a mere mortal, Lydia. You are, like my daughter, a witch…" her golden crown sat on top of her head. "You are a Spellman. A diamond in the rough."

"Who… who are you?" Lydia stuttered.

"Lydia, I have seen you grow up. All the hardships. All the heartaches. The happiness. And the sorrow has made you who you are."

"Aunt Diana?" Lydia asked.

The woman smiled, confirming Lydia's question.

"When I saw you as a babe, my heartbroke."  Diana admitted, "For how can a mother give her child away… then I learned Zelda was only trying to protect you. Oh how she begged Edward to bring you back… but alas, we died before it could happen."

"My mother, Zelda, tried to protect me? From what?!"

"Blackwood and his followers."

"The Nile…" Lydia whispered, "Oh! I hate it when she's right!" Lydia turned back and walked towards the house.

"Lydia?!" Diana called.

"Yup, got it!" Lydia pulled her hair down, as she opens the door, "The Nile?"

"Denial?" Ambrose looked at Lydia curiously.

"The Nile, is a river right?" Lydia asked.

"Yes," Ambrose responded.

Lydia quickly rushed in the library. Ambrose followed her, "What are you getting at cousin?"

Lydia picked out a book, "The Nile… is in Egypt… what if the reason why Ancient Greek is so important is because the war is supposed to be held in Greece? The reason why I am able to speak Greek is not a coincidence. Not a simple language randomly picked… I mean think about it, Ambrose out of the hundredths of ancient languages there is known to mankind… why did I get Greek?"

Ambrose thought for a minute, "You might onto something… you got all that from the Nile?"

"Yes." Lydia set the book down. "Now, are you just gonna stand there or are you gonna help me?"

Ambrose smiles and sat down next to his cousin.