Note

So, first thing's first -- Oblivion is my version of a dystopian earth in an alternate universe. And a lot of my characters have harder to pronounce names that are kinda futuristic (maybe). Oblivion is also somewhat inspired by the prompt above for the Open Novella Contest. However, it won't be exactly like the prompt above, it's just inspired by it. There will still be death and other things (as mentioned in the description and the story itself). I mean....we were allowed to interpret this however we wish, so.....I think I'm following the rules but Idk.

Here's a list of character names and how to pronounce them:

Nyco Oliver - (Neigh-co) Nickname: Nike (Ni-k)

Sylus Stone - (Sigh-less)

Zyre Reed - (Zi-er)

Brax Brooks - (Bra-cks)

Bryx Brooks - (Bri-cks)

Melo Sparks - (May-low)

Aera Jordan - (Era)

Drax Jordan - (Dra-cks)

Jexa Shields - (Jeck-sa)

Nix Mason - (Nick-s)

Arelle Sullivan - (Ah-real)

Jaro Collins - (Jar-o)

Cyrox Underwood - (Sigh-rocks)

Catlea Beck - (Cat-Leah)

Valria Chan - (Val-reah)

So far, that's the complete list of character names in this story (if more characters appear, then I'll add them in here at a later date).

In Oblivion, their universe is set in 2019 in an alternate universe where everything is more technologically advanced than what we currently have. And like I've said in the description -- they were on the verge of becoming immortal, only, everything that could've gone wrong did go wrong.

And I'm not sure if I'll put it in the actual book or not, but these are the side effects of Hollow Disease in the order that they occur:

Immortality, super healing, depression, minor-complete loss of appetite, memory loss, vision loss, cloudy eyes, brain damage, speech distortion, time distortion, loss of speech, hearing loss, mobility loss, loss of emotion, and loss of free will.

Yeah....it's a long list, but it was made with the intent of ridding a person of their soul and anything else that made them who they are. And a gift like immortality would definitely come with a few drawbacks, or in this case a lot of drawbacks.

And this was just the price humanity had to pay for their immortality.