F O U R T E E N

Thursday, 24 October, 2019

Nyco

As I was finishing watering the daisies -- I think I was just trying to keep myself busy as an excuse -- I saw Zyre sitting on the only bench in the garden, seemingly staring off into space, the moonlight turned his vanilla blonde hair white.

"Zyre?"

He flinched slightly, turning his head to look over at me with a nervous look, "Hm...yeah?"

I walked over to him, taking a seat next to the blonde with a small smile on my face, "Look, I wanted to apologise for the whole thing that happened last week. Sometimes I can be an unintentional jerk."

"Ah," he murmured, "I can be unintentionally suspicious and sneaky."

I shook my head in amusement at that, "I just don't want to have any relationships...with anyone, and it hasn't been that way for a really long time."

Zyre pursed his lips, nodding slowly, "Yeah, I get that. You probably did lose someone really important to you, huh?"

As I opened myself to respond, I felt like I had just been shot in the arse with a needle, suddenly feeling very tired.

"Nyco?" I heard Zyre say just before everything went dark.

***

"Does anyone know what's happening?" I heard either Bryx or Brax ask as I came to with a blindfold over my eyes and my arms and legs bound to a chair by rope.

"I think -- I think, we've been tied to chairs and possibly kidnapped," Aera said sarcastically.

"Does anyone actually know what has happened?" I asked suddenly.

"Oh, hey!" Melo exclaimed happily, "Nyco's here!"

"So, what?" Nix interjected, "That leaves Ace, Adrian, Zyre, and Jexa who might not be here."

I let out a sigh, feeling an unsettling feeling of panic in the pit of my stomach, "What do you mean they might not be here? Are we all blindfolded?"

"Yep," Melo piped up, "We've heard everyone else so far -- you should've seen us thirty minutes ago, we were all screaming names until we figured out who was here and who wasn't."

"So, Zyre isn't here?" I questioned.

"Nope," the girl answered.

"Then where is he?"

"The raiders must've taken them somewhere," one of the twins (Brax or Bryx) said, "But why are you only freaking out about where Zyre is? I thought you didn't like him?"

I felt my face flush at that, "I'm...worried about everyone else too."

"Mhm," someone hummed sarcastically.

"Okay, I'm mostly worried about Zyre," I admitted.

Melo cheered at that, "I knew you liked him!"

"Shut up!" I shouted back at her.

Somehow, that ended up starting an attack against me where everyone started teasing me about liking Zyre.

"Someone's got a crush."

"Just admit you love him already."

"We've all seen the heart eyes already."

"You could cut the sexual tension with a knife."

I let out a sigh, "You are all insane. You know that, right?"

"Yes," I heard Drax answer, "We're all very insane. You should know that already since you've spent years with all of us."

"Do we even know if anyone's going to, well, untie us?" I asked, trying to change the topic, "Or are we all going to die slow, painful deaths as we're tied to chairs?"

Everyone responded with various answers that were different varieties of 'I have no idea', or 'I don't know', or even, 'Maybe'.

"That's useful."

The sound of a door opening had us all shutting up and listening for whoever it was that just entered the room.

"What the hell is going on in here?" a deep, rough voice asked harshly, "Whatever you lot are scheming -- stop it."

I tried my best to scowl through my blindfold, "Why should we?"

"You do realise I could kill you all right now without any problems...right?" he challenged in a bitter tone.

"Nyco," Aera interjected, "He makes a good point."

"Fine, fine," I muttered, "Only because I could totally beat his ass if I wasn't in this chair."

"No one doubts that darling," Melo told me, "Especially since they probably took Zyre."