E P I L O G U E

Tuesday, 4 June, 2024

Zyre

When Nyco and I had come back from our date, no one had expected a toddler to be with us.

"Where the hell did you get a child?" Brax asked in shock from seeing the two-year-old girl in my arms, "It's not like adoption is an option anymore."

Nyco rolled his eyes, "We found her while we were out on our date. The poor darling was crying and alone."

"Who the hell would abandon a child?" the sun-haired man asked in shock, "That's insane."

I cast a quick glance towards the red-haired girl in Nyco's arm, letting out a small sigh, "It was probably someone who knew they wouldn't be able to care for a child for much longer . . . so, it might be someone who has the Hollow."

"So . . .  you're keeping her?" Brax questioned, staring straight at the girl.

I turned to Nyco, "Is he really that dumb?"

"Hey!"

***

I ran my hair gently through the girl's hair as she slept soundly in the bed with her bright red hair that had a long silver streak through it.

Nyco came into the room with a blanket in his arms and sat beside me before covering the small girl with the blanket, a small smile on his face.

"How old do you think she is?" Nyco asked me in a half-whisper, glancing at me for a moment.

I shrugged, "At least a year old. She's a real cutie pie."

"All children are cute," the brunette stated, wrapping an arm around my waist and pecking me sweetly on the cheek.

"Well . . . yeah," I murmured, my face going warm, "What are we going to name her?"

"Assuming she doesn't know what her name is?" he questioned, "Well, I like the sound of Ella."

"We could name her Elaine and make her nickname Ella," I offered with a sheepish smile.

"I like how you think, darling."

And at that moment, I swear I had seen the smallest of smiles on the girl's face.