T E N

Saturday, 12 October, 2018

Nyco

"What do you mean everyone is dead?" I asked slowly in slight shock.

The teary-eyed, red-headed man looked up at me with an odd look, "Probably....what it sounds like it means?"

I felt Zyre shove me lightly in my side and I swore I could almost feel the blonde rolling his eyes.

"What-what happened?" I questioned, "I mean you don't have to-"

"No, no," Ace interrupted, "It' fine, you all should at least know what did happen."

I felt Zyre rest his chin on my shoulder as he stared intently at Ace. "What are you doing?"

"Nothing."

Ace rose his eyebrows at that, crossing his arms, "Well...I told you so."

I felt my face flush, "Shut up."

He smiled sadly at that before he started to explain what had happened to everyone -- Valria, Catlea, Cryrox, Jaro and Arelle -- apparently, there had been raiders -- awful people who are just too lazy to do anything by themselves and steal and kill for a living -- earlier that day there had apparently been a raider attack where all of them were staying while Ace had taken Adrian out for a walk around the abandoned neighbourhood they lived by, and when he had gotten back...well, you all know that story, and then, this was the first place he could think of and now he's here.

"So -- ah, who's the new guy?" Ace asked after he had seemed to calm down a bit, though, he still looked depressed.....which makes sense.

"Zyre," the blonde answered, smiling brightly at Ace from where his head was still resting on my shoulder, "formerly known as the almost murdered spy."

"And the story there is...?"

"Jexa and Melo wanted to off him because they thought he was a spy," I told him, "It's his fault for running, really."

"That's...interesting," the man said with a knowing look.

"Whatever it is you're thinking, stop it."

***

"Didn't I tell you you'd find someone eventually?" Ace asked me as I showed him where he and Adrian could sleep later.

I felt my face go warm at that, "What are you talking about?"

"Zyre, obviously," he said, "I see the way you two are around each other."

I crossed my arms defensively, "You know, we're not together, right?"

"Really?" he asked incredulously, "Do you at least like him? I mean, I'm pretty sure Zyre likes you."

I shook my head, "I-I'm...not ready for any sort of relationship."

He rose his eyebrows at me, "You're avoiding the question. Liking someone and not wanting a relationship are two very different things."

I cleared my throat, "Yeah, I'm not answering that question."

It wasn't that I was attracted to Zyre...it was because he looks so much like Sylus, honestly, they could practically be twins, who also happen to have almost identical personalities and different faces.

And Zyre just so happens to have the face of the guy I was -- am still in love with.

That's all, there's nothing else happening there.

Nothing.

Ace chuckled at me, "That's cute. And, so would you two, you know, if you were dating."

I just ignored him.

***

As soon as I had walked into the room, the first thing I had noticed was the fact that Ace was sitting next to Zyre and was apparently talking to him.

See, normally, I wouldn't have a problem with this...but, Zyre's face was pink and he looked kinda uncomfortable. I knew Ace wouldn't be flirting with him -- he's too straight to even think of doing that, and he has just lost his wife. Considering our early conversation, this probably wasn't a good thing either.

The red-haired man suddenly turned back towards me with a big smile before waving me over. As I sat in between the two, I cast a suspicious stare towards Ace.

"Please tell me you weren't interfering in things you don't understand," I said, raising an eyebrow at the man and crossing my arms.

"So...things are complicated, then?"

I rolled my eyes at him, "That's not what I was talking about and you know it."

"Well," he started, "maybe I just want to help this ship sail."

"What ship?" I questioned, "There is no ship."

"Right," Ace said dismissively.

"What's happening?" Zyre asked, looking at me with a look of pure confusion.

"Nothing you need to worry your pretty little head about," I replied simply, "And, Ace, it's just an expression, honey."

"Mhm, sure. Whatever you need to tell yourself."

"Would it be okay to kick someone out if he just lost all his friends and wife?" I asked Zyre, pursing my lips in annoyance.

You know, I forget how goddamn annoying Ace can actually be sometimes.

The blonde shrugged one of his shoulders, "I guess? If he was being an absolute arse."

I nodded slowly, "Right, so, what if he's just really annoying?"

"Maybe other people like him," he suggested, smiling awkwardly.

"Thank you!" Ace exclaimed gratefully, "See? Unlike you, some people do like me."

Zyre looked surprised before pointing towards himself, "You mean me? I actually think you're a bit too nosy and pushy."

"Ouch."

I grinned mischievously, "See? Not everyone likes you."