T H I R T E E N

Friday, 18 October, 2019

Zyre

"Jelly in lovey with daddy," Adrian sand happily as he plucked the petals off of some of the flowers growing in one of the flowerbeds.

For an October afternoon, it was fairly warm and gorgeously sunny -- not a cloud in the sky -- and a very slight breeze. So, Jexa and I decided to take Adrian out into the garden I didn't know existed.

Though, as soon as we got out here, she went to go off and flirt with the newly widowed man, who I've been told is a doctor.

"She's making it quite obvious, isn't she?" I asked, glancing over at the pair once before returning my attention to the pink-haired child.

He nodded his head, looking up at me with his icy, blue eyes, "Like Zacky lovey Mikey?"

I scoffed playfully at that, "No, no. That's ridiculous."

The boy giggled, sticking his tongue out at me, "Nuh-uh. You lovey Nikey."

I rolled my eyes, "Whatever you want to believe, kid."

"You know, for a one-year-old, he's really talkative," Drax commented as he took a seat next to me.

"He's nearly two," I corrected him, "In, like April."

"So, he's one and a half," he said with a shrug.

"Draco!" Adrian shouted excitedly, practically launching himself into the boy with the periwinkle hair.

"Hey buddy," he greeted the child before glancing back up at me, "So, I don't mean to pry, but everyone's noticed Nyco's been avoiding you like the Hollow."

I pursed my lips, nodding slowly, "Yeah...about that, I kinda kissed him."

"Oh...wow," he murmured in shock.

"Yep, you tell a guy that you like him, then he just says no," I muttered bitterly, crossing my arms.

"Really? He said no?"

I nodded stiffly, "That was the only word he said."

"And I'm guessing he hasn't said a word to you since," Drax guessed, raising his eyebrows at me.

"Not one word."

"Draco and Zacky are too talky-talky," Adrian butted in, pouting and making grabby hands towards me from his spot in Drax's lap.

***

"Aren't you ever going to get over him?" Melo asked as she saw me sprawled out over one of the couches in a depressed lump.

"It's been three days," I mumbled into the arm of the couch, "I'm allowed to be depressed and heartbroken."

"Darling," she said, "Are you sure you aren't in love with him already?"

I scoffed, "No. Just trying to get over the first crush I've ever had."

"You're such a baby," she told me, stalking over to me and sitting near my feet.

"Am not."

"Now you're just a third grader."

"I prefer first," I murmured in reply, glancing back towards the pink-haired girl.

She rolled her eyes, "If that's really what you want to call yourself, dear."

"I'll never mature," I huffed in annoyance, "At least that's always what mum and dad told me."

"I think that's the first time you've ever mentioned anyone that isn't a sibling."

I hummed, "Yeah...first and last time."

"Why's that?" she asked me.

"You know how most kids think of their parents of superheroes? Well, I thought of my dad like that, then he became a supervillain," I explained vaguely.

"What was his actual job?"

"A doctor and a medical researcher, but that doesn't really matter," I answered, "Just don't mind him."

"And this is a problem because...?"

"Personal reasons."