T W E N T Y - T H R E E

23 May, 2015 -- 16 June, 2015

Zyre

Over the past year, things had definitely changed.

Most people were now infected with the 'Hollow Disease' as most people called it these days. And a week or so after the whole deal with the 'antidote' that was only partially effective, I left, my father had still been locked in his lab when I decided to up and leave.

Then, around two weeks ago, I met Koba, he had gorgeous, curled, teal hair and bright, emerald green eyes. Basically, he looked like a certain famous boy wizard, but with teal hair instead of black.

Well, I guess he found me about to jump off a cliff . . . more or less. He had thought that was the first time I'd tried that, really, it was probably the tenth time I've tried that. If only jumping off that cliff actually did something other than cause a bit of pain.

We've pretty much been friends ever since.

"You're always so . . . depressing," Koba commented as he walked into the room, "You could at least try to be more cheerful."

"What do you expect from a guy you kept from jumping off a cliff?" I asked dryly, barely turning my head to look at him, "Seems like it would've been obvious they'd have problems."

"Yes . . . well, I guess I can live just fine with you and all your issues," he murmured, kneeling beside me and pecking me on the lips.

I felt my face start to burn, looking away from the cute boy.

"I could tell you've wanted to do that for a while, and I wanted to kiss you too, so . . . " he trailed off, "Really, it was the only logical thing to do."

"Yes, because kissing a fifteen-year-old who clearly wants death is a logical thing to do," I said sarcastically, glancing over at Koba just so he could see me roll my eyes at him.

He chuckled at that, "Even though you are very depressing, you make some good jokes. Besides, I'm only two years older than you and most people who are still alive want to die. It's the effect of the apocalypse, darling."

"I guess I can deal with you then too," I said with a sigh.

"I think I take back the part about you making good jokes," Koba said, running a hand through my hair before kissing me again.

That was the day we started dating . . . it didn't last very long.

After the next three-ish weeks, things just went wrong.

Koba had started to show signs of Hollow disease and he knew what was happening to him too.

When he told me to leave him there, to just go off on my own again, I did.

I didn't hesitate with leaving Koba there, not even for a single moment. Once I had all my stuff packed together, I left just like I had after my father locked himself in his lab. I knew what the Hollow looked like once it started to get real bad. And I knew I wouldn't be able to watch it happen a fourth time.

And then, just like that, it was once again that I was left with no one left to comfort me.

I was all alone again.