Chapter 9

I woke up and was in my bed. I frowned and rubbed my eyes as I got out of bed.

When did I get here? Why couldn't I stay at Jackson's?

I took a shower and got ready for school. I put on light makeup since I usually don't wear it. I put on my black combat boots that my mom bought me last month and sprayed myself extra today making sure I smell like coconut.

 I put on my black combat boots that my mom bought me last month and sprayed myself extra today making sure I smell like coconut

(No jacket or heels)

I walked downstairs and my parents weren't there. I frowned and grabbed a yogurt as I ate in silence.

I peeked out the window when I heard a knock and saw Jackson's car. I grabbed my bag and opened the door.

"Hi princess, you look beautiful" he smiled.

"Thanks JJ."

"Are you ok?" he asked.

I nodded and walked passed him to the car. I opened it and slid into the passenger seat.

Jackson quickly got in the car and turned to face me.

"What's wrong?" he asked softly.

My parents are working a lot and I don't know why. I guess I'm always just used to them being at the house all the time.

But instead I just mumbled that I'm tired and he sighed. He pulled out and when we got to school he looked at me again.

"Can you please tell me what's wrong?" he asked quietly.

I looked up at him and frowned.

"I don't like that my parents are working a lot now. They used to not work a lot but since I started at a public school they are working more. I just get lonely and I hate being alone" I said quietly.

He lifted me out of my seat and held me to him as he set me on his lap.

"I'm sorry princess, I'm sorry that I can't hang out with you all the time. If you ever get lonely remember you have my number along with Zach and Cody's. Don't hesitate to call or text us ok?" he said softly.

I nodded and he kissed my forehead.

"Now let's get to class, yeah?"

I nodded and he opened the door.

*after school*

Mom: I can't pick you up again, your father and I are working later again. You can go to Jackson's house if you would like, I love you

I frowned at the text. I try and look for Jackson but when I walked outside I saw his car speeding out of the parking lot.

I could take the bus, but I don't know what bus I take. I go to the office and smile at the lady.

"Hello, I'm Kiari Hendworth. By any chance do you know what my bus number is?" I question.

"I'm sorry Kiari but the buses give students 5 minutes to get on and head to the middle school. You just missed them" the office lady explains.

I nod and thank her as I walk out.

I guess I have to walk home then. In the cold. Lovely.

I know where I live, I'm sure I can find my way home.

I start walking and look at the places I've seen when my mom or Jackson takes me home.

I definitely have passed by that red car this morning.

When I get home I check the time and see that it was 2:53. Almost an hour to get home.

I rubbed my hands together to try and get them warm and jumped into my bed. My legs were numb along with my arms and feet.

Mom: Something went wrong at work, we will be home after you go to sleep. We love you

I frowned and decided to change into sweats and a sweatshirt. I curled up into a ball on my bed and called Jackson.

"Yo it's Jackson, I obviously can't come to the phone right now. I'm doing better things at the moment, I'll call you back if I want."

Then there was a beep.

"I'm sorry to call you JJ, I'm just really lonely. My parents won't be home until after I go to bed but you must be busy. I will see you tomorrow" I said softly over the phone.

I turned my phone off and hugged my stuffed bunny that was on my bed.

Once night rolled around I was still sitting on my bed. I should call Jackson again.

Once I called I frowned.

"Yo it's Jackson, I obviously can't come to the phone right now. I'm doing better things at the moment, I'll call you back if I want."

"I'm sorry to call you again Jackson, I'm just scared. I'm still home alone and I was gonna see if you wanted to come over until I fell asleep. But you are still busy, sorry if I interrupted anything. Bye!" I said sadly.

I curled into a ball again and laid down while burying myself with all my blankets.

Let's just hope I end up getting sleep.
—-
I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, it's a little boring💕😬 12-19-18