Chapter 28

It was 9 p.m on Sunday and I yawned.

Dad and I had a great weekend, the only bad thing was whenever I tried to sleep he would always shake me awake. He didn't want to waste anytime as I would be leaving soon.

So I haven't slept since Friday.

"Your mother's assistant is here" dad said.

I stood up and he grabbed my bag.

When we walked outside I wrapped my arms around myself as the wind blew.

"Bye sweetheart, I'll see you soon" dad smiled.

He kissed my head and I smiled at him.

"Bye dad."

I got in the car as dad and Marcus talked. I cuddled up in the seat and he got in while tossing my bag in the back.

"How was your weekend?" he asked.

"Fun" I yawned.

He nodded and backed out of the parking lot as he took off.

"What did you guys do?" he asked.

"The first day I got there he took me around town, then later than night we watched a whole bunch of movies. Yesterday we went ice skating, laser tagging and then went to the movies again. Last night we built a fort and ate ice cream in it while talking. Then today we were just hanging out" I said softly.

"Sounds like fun" he said.

I nodded and yawned again as I snuggled into the seat.

"Go to sleep, I'll wake you up when we get to your house" he said.

I nodded and went to sleep quickly.
-
"Shit!"

I bolted awake and rubbed my tired eyes.

Only 2 hours of sleep?

I whined and rubbed my eyes again as we pulled over on the side of the road. We were surrounded by trees making me a bit scared.

"My tires flat" he sighed.

I frowned and he turned the car off.

"Let me check if I have a spare."

I nodded and he got out having cold wind blow against me making me shiver.

"Do you have a blanket?" I asked.

He nodded and closed the drivers seat and opened up the back. He tossed me a blanket and I wrapped it around myself.

I sat there rubbing my eyes and yawning as he opened the drivers door again.

"I don't have a spare tire, we are gonna have to call a tow truck" he said.

I sighed and tried getting comfortable again as he called.

I dozed off but then started shaking. I opened my eyes to see Marcus hovering over me.

"It's been about a half hour, the tow truck is here come on" he said softly.

I whined but got up anyways as he held my bag.

We walked to the truck as he was attaching the wire things to the back of Marcus' car.

"Why don't you get up in the truck. It's a cold night, this will be done in about 5."

I nodded at the guy and Marcus kept me standing as my eyes were barley open.

He helped me climb in the truck as I sat in the tiny middle seat. Marcus put my bag by his feet as he shut the door.