Chapter 21

JJ❤️: Hey princess, Zach and I aren't going to be in school today. Cody will look after you

Me: But whyyyyy?😫

JJ❤️: Secret mission, I'll have Cody bring you home because I don't think I'll be there on time. We can hang out after

Me: But where are you going?

JJ❤️: Secret mission I cant say, Cody should be on his way

I frowned and placed my phone next to me. They always do these stupid secret missions.

Why won't they tell me?

My frowned deepened as I heard my mom yell bye and then the door closed.

I walked downstairs when I heard a knock on the door and I opened it up to see a smiling Cody.

"Hi CoCo."

"Hello sunshine, why the sad face?"

"Where is JJ and Zach?" I asked.

He scratched his neck and walked inside to grab my bag.

"Let's get to school sunshine" he beamed as he ignored my question.

He grabbed my hand and led me to his car where I sat quietly during the ride to school.

*lunch*

I played with my thumbs as I rested my head against my arms that laid on the table.

"Sunshine! Cheer up!" Cody whined.

I sat up and frowned still.

"Why can't you guys tell me where they went? I thought we were all friends" I mumbled.

I hate being left out, they all knew that. But yet they all are doing this to me.

"I can't tell you, I'm really sorry beautiful."

My frowned deepened and I stood up.

"Where you going? You aren't going to eat? Jackson will be mad. I'm already upset that you-"

"If you guys don't want to tell me anything fine. I don't feel good, I'm going to the nurse" I said softly.

I walked off quickly and rushed to the nurse.

"I don't feel good, can I lay down for a little bit?"

She nodded with a smile as she showed me a private area with a huge blue bed. She closed the curtains giving me privacy and I laid on the somewhat comfortable bed.

JJ❤️: Cody told me what happened...

JJ❤️: Why aren't you eating princess?

JJ❤️: I can see that you're reading this, please text me back

JJ❤️: Baby.

JJ❤️: Come on princesssssss

JJ❤️: Kiari I'm serious, please answer

He stopped texting me for a split second and my phone starting ringing. I sent it to voicemail and turned my phone off.

I went back to the nurse and gave her a fake smile.

"Can I call my mom on this phone?"

She nodded and I dialed my mom's number.

"Momma?" I said softly.

"Sweetheart? Why you calling me off the schools phone, are you ok?!"

"Can you come pick me up? I don't feel good."