Chapter 22; A few days later

Hi everyone! So, one-to-last chapter. I hope you all are going to enjoy it. I don't have much to say, so don't forget to vote, comment and follow. Sharing is always appreciated! Stay awesome and I love you! <3

xAllTimeTessax

Dan’s P.O.V

A few days have passed. I was recovered from all my injuries, but my body still felt a bit sore.  Darren was taken in prison and the Magic Council was still going through his trial. Kaya was devistated by the news and she had locked herself into her room for the past few days. Julie had found out that her energy system has changed by the sudden amount of energy from Nanami. Since it was way more stronger then her own energy, her system has taken it as ageing and had released her new armor. Nanami was almost completely recovered, expect for her bruises.

I was walking through the corridors with Julie towards Kaya. We’re extremely worried about Kaya, so we were going to check on her. We arrived at her door. I knocked on it, since Julie would break the door down. ‘Kaya. It’s me and Julie. Please open the door.’ I said, trying to talk into her.

There was no response. I knocked on the door again. ‘Kaya, please. We’re worried about you.’ Julie said, worried about her friend. ‘Everythings is going to be fine. The Magic Council are just a bunch of pussies who don’t dare to make such big decisions.’ We heard some sounds from the other side of the door.

The door was opened and we saw Kaya with big, swollen eyes. ‘No, nothing is going to be fine! He had killed many people and was planning to kill more.’ She said, holding back her tears. ‘He is going to be executed. I know it!’ She was about the slam the door shut, but I hold the door, making it impossible for her to close the door.  ‘Kaya, just please, eat and drink something. It’s no good for you to stop eating.’ I told her worried. ‘Leave me the hell alone!’ She yelled at us.

‘Okay, that’s it!’ Julie yelled back. Kaya turned back and faced Julie. She opened her mouth and was about to say something, but she was cutted off by Julie, slapping her cheek. ‘Now you are going to stop locking yourself in your dark room and talk to me!’ Julie pushed her back into her room and went into it. 

‘Go to Joe. I’ll be there soon.’ She said. I nodded and she closed the door in front of me. I walked towards Joe’s office. 

I stood in front of Joe’s office. It was strangely quiet in there. I knocked on the door and waited for answer. Suddenly, there was a lot of noises. ‘C-come in.’ I heard Joe stutter. I opened the door and saw that Joe’s was sitting in his chair, his hair was a mess. Nanami was leaning against the wall. I noticed that her blouse was buttoned wrong. ‘Uh, hi.’ I said confused.

‘Hi, Dan. I thought we were going to meet at 4 o’clock.’ Joe said, his face flushed red. ‘It is 4 o’clock.’ I told him, like it was obvious. ‘Oh, really.’ Joe said shocked as he looked at Nanami.

Nanami was looking at the ground. Her hair covered her face, but it was obvious that she was blushing like an idiot. ‘Yeah, so where are Julie and Kaya?’ Joe asked as he started to fix his hair nonchalantly, changing the subject. I looked supicious at him. ‘Kaya was still in her room, so Julie is now talking to her. They can be here any minute.’ I told him.

Just as I said those words, the door was nearly broken down. Joe sighed. ‘Come in.’ He said irritated. Julie and Kaya entered the room. ‘For the thousand time, Julie. Don’t try to break the door.’ ‘Yeah, yeah, whatever. What’s going to happen to Darren?’ She asked concerned. ‘Yes, what is going to happen to my brother?’ Kaya said, stepping forward. ‘Today was the day that we were going to hear his sentence, right?’ Her swollen eyes were looking sad at Joe. 

‘I got a message from the Magic Council earlier today. He is sentenced,’ he paused for a bit. He sighed and looked up with sad eyes. ‘with death.’ Kaya’s eyes turned wide. She fell to the ground, covering eyes with her hands. She sobbed softly. 

Nanami looked up for the first time, her eyes widened in shock. ‘I’m so sorry, Kaya-’ She was cut off by Kaya herself. ‘Save it!’ she spat. ‘I don’t need anyone’s pity!’ The anger in her voice scared me. I’ve never seen this side of Kaya before.

Kaya stood up, wiping away a few tears. ‘I’ll be going.’ She said emotionless and she left the room. ‘Poor Kaya. She finally found her brother and he’ll be taken away from her right away.’ Nanami said. ‘When will he be executed?’ I asked Joe. ‘Two days from now.’ Joe said sadly. ‘Is there anything we can do for her?’ Julie asked concerned, rubbing her arm. ‘The only thing I can think of is giving her some space.’ Joe said. We both nodded. 

Julie turned around the left the room. I followed her, but stopped in the door way. I looked over my shoulder with a sly glance. ‘I knew you two had a thing together.’ I said, grinning as I saw both of their faces turning red again. I turned around and ran after Julie, trying to catch up with her.

I was with Julie in her room. ‘But how are you feeling? Are you still hurt?’ I asked, worried about Julie’s health. Julie smiled a faint smile. ‘Don’t worry. I’m fine.’ Julie said as she laid her hand on top of mine.

My face turned red when I saw what she did. Her face turned even redder after she realized what she just did. We both looked at our hands. I looked up, looking into her deep, blue eyes. She slowly looked up, meeting my yellow eyes. 

‘I think, I-I need to do… stuff.’ She stuttered, never breaking eye contact. ‘Yeah, me too.’ I said slowly. She looked at our hands again as we intertwined our fingers, never wanted to go. I inched closer to her lips. She laid her free hand on my neck. The warmth of her fingers on my cold neck felt nice. I closed my eyes, making our lips almost touch.

*ring, ring*

We both flinched and we let go of each other, making distance between us. I grabbed my cellphone. ‘Hello?’ I said, nearly stuttering. ‘Yo, Dan. Wanna fight?’ I heard Vince voice say throught the mobile device. I sighed as I rubbed my face. ‘Uh, yeah. I’ll be in there in a few minutes.’ I said and I hung up. ‘Vince wants to spar for a bit, so I’ll see you at dinner.’ I said awkwardly. ‘Oh, yeah. I’ll see you then. Beat Vince good up for me.‘ She said even more awkwardly with a red face.  

I walked out of the room. I grabbed my head with both of my hands. ‘What did just happened?’ I asked myself confused.