Chapter 5; My first lesson

Hi everyone. Here's a new chapter. There will be a new character introduced. Who will it be? Vote and comment if you liked it and follow me for more stories. Enjoy!

xAllTimeTessax

Dan's P.O.V

'Are you ready for your training?' Julie said as she rested her hands on her hips. I saw that her wooden sword that hang in a belt that also had holsters where her bombs could be stored. 'Yes!' I exclaimed nervously. 'Don't be scared, I won't hurt you.' She said as she sighed. 'Awaken Ligna.' She ordered. 'Yes, ma'am!' I exclaimed and I did what she told me.

'Watch carefully.' She said and she started to teach me an attack move. She held her sword with two hands in front of her. She raised her sword, holding it above her head. As she stepped forward, she slashed her wooden sword downwards. Then she turned on the ball of her feet as she brought her sword up again, above her head. She took a step forward and brought her sword horizontal, next to her head. She swung it sideways at the height of her own head.

She stood in a normal stand again and she looked at my way. 'Did you catch that?' I nodded confidently. I did the same movements that Julie just showed me. After I swung Ligna downwards, I looked at Julie. She had a difficult look her face. She was rubbing her right cheek with her hand. 'Do it again, please.' She said as she crossed her arms in front of her chest. 'Yes!' I exclaimed again.

I did the exact same. I heard Julie gasp a little bit. She probably found something I did wrong. 'Do it again!' she said and I did what was told.

I was about to turn on my heels, when Julie suddenly let me stumble by slamming her sword in my kneecap. 'What the hell was that for?' I yelled angry. 'For doing it wrong. You have to turn on the ball of your feet. If you turn on your heels, you can be pushed easily out of your position.' She said strictly. 'Now try again.' She ordered.

I raised Ligna above my head. I took a step forward and swung my sword downwards. 'Then turn on the ball of my feet.' I mumbled to myself as I turned on the ball of my feet. I took a step forward and brought my sword horizontal, next to my head. With everything I had, I swung it sideways.

'Good job.' Julie said. I looked up and smiled at her. She nodded and grabbed her sword again. 'I'll show you another one.'

She held her sword in front of her again. She raised her sword diagonal in front of her and spun her sword around her upper body. With a high speed, she slashed it horizontal from the right. She brought her sword back to the side. She took a step forward and pierced her sword through an imaginary enemy.

She looked at me again as she placed her sword back in her belt. 'Now you try.' I did the same movements as she showed me. After I finished moving, she nodded her head.

After those movements, she taught me simple attack and defense exercises. I looked at her, when I had finished another exercise. She nodded and said, 'Great job.' She grabbed her sword and brought the end of her sword in front of my nose. 'Let's use it in combat.'

'You can start with attacking me.' She said and she stood in fighting position. I nodded and held Ligna in front of me.

I took a step forward and brought the sword to my side. I threw it forward towards her stomach. Before I could realize, Julie had blocked my attack, spun her sword around her body and swung the wooden blade against my shoulder. She smirked as she stepped forward and planted the end of her sword in my stomach.

I fell to the ground and covered with my hand my mouth. I felt like I was going to throw up. I groaned in pain. A hand appeared above me. 'You have to stay focused.' Julie said. I grabbed her hand and she pulled me back up my feet.

Two weeks went by. Joe had told Jodie about the Blood Mages and that she was a V- mage. She agreed with it to become a mage. We had to move into the dorms of the building, since our story wouldn't be believable if we still lived with our father. He didn't react at it, when we were packing our stuff. We have said goodbye to him, but he ignored us completely. I know that he wouldn't even care if we died.

I had practice with Julie and Kaya for those two weeks. Kaya gave me lessons in shooting, because the mage that was supposed to teach me was out on a mission.

Kaya, Julie and I were walking through the corridors towards Joe's office. He had called us to discuss something with him. 'What do you think he wants to talk about?' I asked as I placed my hands in my neck.

'Probably a mission.' Julie said in a monotone voice. 'Do you think it has to do something with the Dark Hounds?' Kaya asked. Julie shrugged her shoulders. 'Don't know, don't care.'

'Who are the Dark Hounds?' I asked. 'We'll tell you later. Let's just go see what Joe wants from us.' Julie said as she opened the door of Joe's office.

'Ah, good that you all could come here so soon.' Joe greeted us. I saw that there was a girl with long, blond hair, covering her left eye. She was leaning against the wall. She was looking at the ground. She had her arms crossed in front of her chest. She was wearing a dark blue top, a black skinny jean and black combat boots. She wore black gloves that reminded me of the gloves that were used by MMA fighters. Her arms were covered with several scars. On her hips rested a holster with several guns, bombs and knives.

'You're back!' Kaya exclaimed happy as she run towards the girl. 'Hey kiddo.' She said with a smirk on her face as she rubbed over Kaya's head. She looked at me with blue eyes. 'Who's the new guy?' she asked as she placed her hands on her hips.

'Nanami, this is our newest Z- mage Dan Terrance.' He introduced me. 'Dan, I want you to meet Z- mage Nanami Eyles.' He said as he looked at Nanami. 'She is going to train you in gunmanship.' I looked at her. She wasn't very tall, but she looked older than me. She was in her mid-twenties. 'It's nice to meet you Dan.' She said as she held out her hand. I took her hand and shook it firmly. 'May I ask how skilled you are?' I asked, knowing that I would regret it.

Nanami's P.O.V

'Just stand there.' I said. 'I'll give demonstration.' Dan shivered a bit. 'I won't hurt you, I promise.' I said, annoyed that he didn't trust me. 'Okay-y' he stuttered as he walked to the other side of the room.

I grabbed one of the rings from my ring holder and raised it up in the air. 'I ask you to awaken, Gun of Shadows, Umbra!' I summoned and my favorite gun, Umbra appeared in my hand. It was a black colored gun with shadows around it. Most people can only use it if they have dark magic in their veins, but since I've professionalized my skills, I can use it.

There were bullets in it, but I replaced the magazine with a magazine that had shadow bullets in it. They go straight through the body of the person you shoot at, but they won't do any damage. You only feel something like someone poke you lightly with a needle. I used them a lot to train with other mages that had guns.

'I'm ready!' Dan exclaimed. 'Got it!' I said. He stood ready. I closed one eye and aimed for his forehead, where his third-eye Chakra was. I placed my finger on the trigger. I closed both of my eyes. I waited for a moment, opened my eyes and pulled the trigger.

'What the hell?' Dan said surprised. 'Don't tell me that that hurt.' I said threatening. 'I felt something went through my head!' Dan exclaimed worried as he placed his hand on the place that I aimed for. 'That was a shadow bullet. Those don't kill.' I said laughing.

Joe cleared his throat loudly. 'Can I have your attention?' We all looked at Joe. 'I didn't gather you for a demostration.' He had a serious look on his face. 'It has to do with the Dark Hounds.'