12. DARKNESS UNDER DARKNESS

Allah test not a soul beyond its scope, for it (is only) that which it hath earned, and against it (only ) which it hath deserved.
Our Lord! condemn us not if we forget, or miss the mark! Our Lord! lay not on us such a burden as thou didn't lay on those before us,
Our Lord! impose don't on us that which we have not strength to bear,
Pardon us,
Absolve us,
And have mercy on us,
Thou our protector,
And give us victory over the disbelieving folk.
~ Al.baqra ( Quran)

Yamna and Aana found themselves holding a conversation a few days after Eman's discharge. It started with Aana asked about Eman that how she'd been feeling.

"She slept all day and night; the prescriptions the doctors gave her have made her extremely tired," Yamna replied,  "The doctors think that she was suffering from a psychological problem because of the stress she was under. They said that under extreme circumstances, the brain becomes so unbalanced that it can no longer differentiate between right and wrong. They think she took too many pills by accident."

Aana frowned and asked, "How much bed rest does she need?"

Yamna replied, "At least fifteen days, after that, She'll have another visit with the doctor."

At home, she was attended with extreme care, love and she became the priority for every member as usual. She usually slept all day and night, either that or she would cry when she was awake.

After four days,

Her mom asked her what had caused her so much stress, but she was speechless. In the end, She told her that she loved someone more than she loved herself. That despite her feelings, she meant nothing to him, a simple pass of time until he loved someone else and proposed to someone else. He called Zarlish, "His weakness" in front of Eman. All this combined, whispered to her to end it all.

After fifteen days,

Eman found a way to hold herself to some extent; now knowing how to pick up her pieces by the time it came for her check-up.

She had grown bored in the days of doing nothing but sitting at home, so she asked the doctor if she could go back to join classes again. The doctor agreed, saying it as a distraction from her pain and a way to heal. 

From there, life started to look close to normal again. She did her best to be normal and live without him.

* * * * *

In khizer, there were a lot of bad things as well, like smoking and sometimes drinking wine but he never took interest in girls or making girlfriends. Suddenly He was falling for a girl. He was unable to control his feelings. He didn't know what to do, it was the first time he had taken interest in a girl, surprising him more than anyone would know.

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

There was a weekly magazine on the table. On front page khizer Murtaza's picture was displayed. The First young businessman is known worldwide now, with his specific naughty smile and shiny eyes he was in eye contact with the camera.

For a moment Eman felt as if he was looking into her eyes in reality.

With that confidence, trust, bravery, and excellence which were his main features.

A smile came on her lips, she slightly moved from her place to pick the magazine.

Devilishly handsome, dangerous and meticulous, Another smile came to her lips after reading the headlines in front of his picture.

* * * * * * * *

After going back to the hostel, things had gone back to normal at least until Eman heard about Farhan's engagement with zarlish.

Hearing the news sent an empty feeling to the pit of her stomach, again she was standing in a space where someone pulled the ground behind her feet or pulled the sky above her head, the familiar void finding its home.

She thought that she was standing in real darkness for the first time. The wave of light she followed for so long had disappeared. No matter what way she looked, the path was gone. The path was also invisible but she was not seeing her own body as well due to darkness.

It was a silent night, the roads clear of traffic and the night dark as it progressed. A deep fog had settled over the city, coating everything nearby in a thin blanket.

Eman sat in a chair on the balcony, watching the night. On the table next to her was a coffee mug, steam rising from its contents, and was busy in drawing different types of shapes. Her eyes never left the road, watching as the scenery shifted as the fog moved.

He's gone from my life, why won't this pain go away? I wish to escape this pain and his memory, She thought.

* * * * * * *
Hello!
What do you think about this story now? Share your views in comments.