16. GLOOM

Dedicated to growingupinsane for the awesome cover she made for me. She's just an incredible friend I've ever met.

Yamna and her family were present at the dining table. All were busy in discussion while eating. khizer and his younger brother Arsalan were the topic of most discussion.

With his dark black eyes and silent demeanour, khizer was a popular subject with the girls who tried to figure out the maze of his mind. He was not talkative like his brother.

Arsalan's personality was also magnetic. He knew his charm and he also knew how to use it at the right moment.

Khizer wasn't fully aware of his attraction, nor was he interested in using it.

* * * * * * *

It had all come to an end. Eman's strength had faded. She's given up on her dreams, lost her love. She wanted to join university, perhaps this could normalize her life again and take away the bitter feelings of failure and disappointment. But the memories of him still made her dizzy, she was content to suffer alone.

Yamna thought, once her mind was filled with hope and goodness, she'll no longer feel the agony and frustration of her wretched life.

Finally Eman agreed for admission in university.

* * * * * *

Eman was thinking about Yamna's wish,

"How could she even think that? How could she say that?"

She whispered.

One week before, when yamna told about her biggest wish. Yamna's words had been echoing in Eman's ears.

Yamna told, "I wish for you to become Mrs. Eman Murtaza. I wish that you get all the happiness, love, sincerity, and respect that you deserve."

Yamna clarified once again, "Please, don't take it the wrong way, but I expect my brother, khizer, to keep you as his princess because he was brought up by the hands of a queen. He will give you respect and loyalty, but even more, love."

Few minutes Eman was still.

Eman spoke finally, "If you say this, ever again, I'll never speak to you, for the rest of my life."

Yamna searched words, "But you are wasting away. You'll marry one day, so what's the problem with khizer?"

Eman looked away, "For God's sake, stop it! I'm not wasting anything, not myself, not my life, and not my time. If I can't accept anyone, it's just because I can't forget him. It's not in my control. I may be hurting because of these thoughts of him, but this torture and pain have become habitual, normal. He dominates my life. I feel as if I've become leprotic."

Yamna whispered, "You are just ridiculous."

"Whatever," Eman thought for a moment before looking Yamna straight in the eyes."I don't want to spoil Khizer's life as well. I know I don't like him but I also know I'll never love anyone in my life. He deserves a life partner."

* * * * * * *

Believers were not lewder neither when they were public nor when they were in Govt. Their lives were not like animals and insects eating, drinking, reproduction, and then death. This may be the pattern of an animal's life but not for human especially Muslims.

Eman smiled unintentionally due to these thoughts.

She was watching a group of animals and insects, pleased that she had escaped from the group.