20. HEART OF DARKNESS

The darkness had a heart. We penetrated the unknown and partially known to known, or simply the assertion of the title is the heart of darkness in general: it is the heart that is composed of darkness. But our progress must be through the apparently or partially known to known.

They all came back from hilly regions and the university had been started as well as the life and time were running quite quickly.

Khizer was insisting Yamna, to tell him the truth. He wanted to know the reason of Eman's rejection.

Yamna narrated a short story to him...

"Brother, these last three years brought a lot of changes in her. She knew that in this world no man is trustable or able to fulfil her wishes, or gave her love, respect or loyalty, and no one to felt her special except her father."

Yamna took a deep breath and khizer was silently listening to her.

Yamna started, "She doesn't want to expect anything from anyone nor be hurt by something against her expectations or wishes."

Khizer confused.

He asked, "How? Why? I'm just understanding, Sis. "

Yamna simplified, "Her tears became dry with time. At the age of nineteenth, she felt fear and hurt by small things. But now she lost her heart, mind, and even her eternity. The new appearing Eman is seeming bold, confident, and strong. She cares a lot during her conversation, about her feelings, even about her habits. That's why she is rejecting you, maybe she doesn't trust you."

* * * * * * * *

Eman was uncomfortable the entire day at university after seeing Zarlish earlier that morning.

Perhaps she would never forget him, or maybe she didn't want to forget.

She was just avoiding his memories and thought to forget him. But now she realized that it was her misunderstanding. She didn't want to enter his life and create troubles in his relationship.

There were a lot of barriers and resistors which she couldn't remove alone for getting Farhan. She surrendered completely in front of God for numbing her heart.

* * * * * * *

Khizer  began, "Eman I want to know the reason!"

Eman acting like she didn't get what he was saying, "The reason for what?"

Khizer roared," Why are you acting like this, Eman? Do you love someone? Please, tell me?"

Eman held her head in her hands allowing every gloomy idea that arose to fill her mind.

But she closed her eyes, she saw scenes that reminded her of the happier time, She had enjoyed in the company of Farhan, who was now nothing but a shadow and a memory.

There is nothing so painful as a great and sudden loss.

She started to narrate her tale and he was silently listening to her.

Eman said, "Whatever happened before three and a half years, after that whether the sun is shining or the rain is pouring down, nothing looked to be the same as it had before. A person had snatched away from me every hope of my future happiness. That was the beginning of a long illness, I had a nervous fever and had to remain in bed for several days."

There was silence.

After a while Eman broke the Ice, "He was the closest person to me. He knew me so well that even our thoughts matched. But I thought I was who he needed, he found another woman whom he was searching for. He found his life partner in personal life and a partner in professional life. But it was not me."

After a few moments,

Eman narrated, "Maybe he liked me, but that was just another thing, a preference is something else. Due to preferring someone the journey of love is started in practical life. He lacks the courage and confidence to prefer a woman on his self, I thought He didn't prefer any of the women in his life even zarlish too. Poor zarlish will have to give preference to him."

* * * * * *

Hey people!

So finally Eman confesses her tale to khizer... So what do you guys think?

Will Khizer accept Eman as his life partner or not...

Share your views in comments.

Mery Raid