14. DIVINE GUIDANCE

Eman's attempted suicide twice, but now with this depression, she can't even think of trying. Twenty-four hours a day, she thought about death, but she didn't dare to touch it.

But when someone asked her, "Did she want to live her life?"

She thought for a while in responding, she didn't want to live or know about the philosophy and theme of life.

She was hanging in a space, lost in a strange feeling; die while living and live while dead. She would reach the peak, moment by moment. She had no idea what was happening to her or what to do?

She began to feel the torment of a burning thirst.

"What are we? What are our loves? Our wants? And what we found?"

Slowly, the pain decreased, becoming tolerable. It became her normal, So she wasn't feeling it now.

* * * * * * * *

On the day he came to the hospital for some work, he was putting his elbow on the reception counter while talking with a clerk. He stopped suddenly when he spotted Eman walking through the core door.

"I'll talk with you later," He said to the clerk. He walked up to Eman and struggled to find the words to say, "Eman...you...here," He was surprised.

She nodded, " Yes."

She busied herself with her purse stripe, pretending to be in a hurry.

"Is everything alright?" Khizer asked.

"I have some work," Eman answered.

"I didn't know you work here," khizer inquired.

"Khizer, I'm not interested in answering your questions. Anyways, I'm here to meet a doctor," Eman answered.

Khizer just said, "Oh."

He was confused, not understanding the situation well.

" May I go now?" Eman asked.

" Yes but, may I drop you off? "He offered.

"No thank you, I have a car," Eman rejected his offer.

"Well, great; you can drop me off. I don't have my car," He said.

Eman took a deep breath.

She said, "Come."

"Thank you, " khizer smiled and followed her out to the car.

* * * * * * *

"In my life, my biggest wish is..." She again became distracted, her mind drifting elsewhere.

Yamna Murtaza asked Eman Mustafa about her biggest wish.

Tears came to Eman's eyes because she already lost what she had.

Yamna asked, "Give me an answer?"

Eman answered, " Drop it, the answer seems too difficult to come up with. In my life, I haven't any idea what kind of wish I have. what I wished for, went terribly; I lost it. you know there is nothing left."

Yamna answered," You know what, Eman? When another girl steals your boy from you, let her steal him; real men can't be stolen."

Eman, to divert her thoughts, asked, "Tell me about your biggest wish now, sweetheart."

Yamna got confused, "Leave it."

Eman teased, " Why would I leave it?"

Yamna hesitantly replied," Because you'll mind it."