Chapter 12

It was two days later when it happened.

It had been two whole weeks since Radha had entered this house and two days since that incident. Radha had requested Mr Rathore to let her stay in her room for a day or two just so she could forget to minimize the overwhelming feeling she felt.

Of course, nothing serious had happened that day. Nothing important enough to let her have a day off, nothing too noteworthy - for any other person that is.

Radha's skin still nipped from where it had been touched. Goosebumps still broke on her arm and waist where that man's hand had gripped her. For anyone, it was a mere touch but for her, it was a new fear which had made its way into her heart. A new thing, she wanted to be safe from.

Nonetheless, two days later she took a long, deep breath and decided to fill her insides with air as well as courage, decided to be the grass which continued to grow even after the flood tried to sweep it away, decided to be a lion who roared no matter how difficult the situation was. She decided to be strong.

It was currently four pm. She presumed, everybody already had the lunch and therefore in the next few minutes, she found herself freshening up and decided to wear a soft, furry, pink sweater, for she needed to feel the warmth that had completely lost her body.

The strength and courage were somehow too different to be disguised as warmth and affection. She reckoned that the extra layer of faux fur would most definitely warm her, but was she wrong.

She squeezed her eyes shut and shook her head disappointedly and stepped out of her room, the hiemal breeze making her internally cold body, cold from outside too. Every ounce of heat now leaving her body while every piece of warmth escaping her heart. She finished descending the stairs just to be met with three pairs of eyes looking back at her, all sitting on the dining table.

Oops!

Radha saw as Mr Rathore got up from his seat, walking up to her. She saw Mrs Rathore throwing daggers at her, narrowing her eyes and all. She saw Abhi glancing apologetically at her, his gaze not wavering for a second.

She saw Krishn not looking at her. His gaze set on the food in front of him while his face wounded up into that of distress.

He seemed. . . sad.

She cleared her throat, unknowingly, to get his attention much like he had done the other day. And as if going along the lines of that day, Krishn's solemn gaze instantly roved over her face and a newfound warmth shot painfully at her heart.

It scared her seeing how fast her mood uplifted seeing his gaze on her. The instant softening of his eyes and the slight twitch of his lips just added to the warmth which had bubbled inside Radha.

"Daughter!"

A voice came from the front of her and she forcibly averted her gaze.

"Good afternoon, uncle," she greeted and Mr Rathore smiled, maybe for the first time in front of her and caressed her head in a fatherly affection.

Her eyes stung a little, considering how much she had missed this affection. Father was just a faint echo in Radha's mind. She forgot what it was like to be a daughter.

"I hope you're fine now?" Mr Rathore asked looking guiltily at her and she nodded immediately not wanting to make him feel bad.

"Yes, much better, thank you for letting me rest." She said gratefully and Mr Rathore frowned, shaking his head instantly.

"That's no problem, daughter. You are the soon to be bride of this house, not any worker. You don't have to ask or thank me for letting you rest. It's your wish." He said gently and Radha swallowed the lump formed in her throat.