Chapter 24

Radha had always been like a delicacy to Krishn; a sweet and soft dessert, one that could be savoured without eating, just by the mere sight of it.

Radha was that sky to Krishn which when smiled, gave sunshine and happiness all around and which when wept, gave the pitter-patter of the rain to the ground filling each being with that heavenly earthy smell.

She was so pure, always so pure.

He didn't think that Abhi deserved her. No one did.

But even after that deduction, if he was lucky enough to marry that precious girl then how come he could continue living his life without calling her every minute or every hour in the least?

Maybe every five hours? Like how could he go on with his life without worrying about his wife, without worrying if she has eaten anything or if she is well-rested?

How could he?

This thought alone was so absurd to Krishn. The reasoning behind it was just out of his mind. Because If it were him, he would never even lea-

It wasn't though right?

It wasn't him.

Never him.

And it wasn't as if he hadn't tried to make himself understand this.

He did. And he actually did understand this, the reason why he left before her engagement in the first place. The reason why he left her with a goodbye gift, the same gift he was gazing at, currently standing by the corner of her room shifting his weight from the left foot to the right, a bit tired of standing at the same place from the past 10 minutes.

No, he wasn't creeping up on Radha, neither was he staring at her, he was merely looking at that bracelet dangling from her wrist, which tinkled whenever she brought her hand towards her face to set that one stray strand of hair in place which never seemed to stay behind her ears.

The same bracelet he had gifted her.

And it didn't help, the fact that there was no other jewellery on her. No engagement ring, no wedding necklace, not even her loved pendant. What adorned Radha was his given bracelet alone and this was making breathing a lot more difficult for him.

He also felt so guilty.

He hadn't talked to her since yesterday.

He didn't know how to.

He was sure of what first things would come out of his mouth if he would talk to her.

The first question he'll spit in the utmost vicious tone would be "Are your parents finally happy? Have you finally paid the price of their short-lived love?"

And the second question that he'd ask would go a lot more gentler, so much gentler. He wouldn't want to hurt her with his words and so with the softest tone he'd ask her, "Are you happy, Radha? Is the price too much? You don't look too happy? You look beautiful but. Is Abhi treating you right? Are you really happy though? Is Mrs Rathore pestering you? Your eyes are really pretty, did you know that? Does uncle care for you well enough? Why are you so aloof? Where's that gorgeous smile of yours? Have you eaten anything since morning? Can I bring you some water? Are you tired? Do you want to rest? Are-"

And yeah, the reason is quite clear why he wasn't talking to her.

He suddenly shouted a big "Ouch" when he felt a pull at his ears. He turned around and saw his mother smirking at him and pulling at his ear simultaneously.

"Ma! What have I done? It's hurting? I was just standing here!" he whined to his mother, and she just laughed at him, instantly leaving his ear and patting at his cheek.