chapter 18

*Hyunjin's POV*

She told me the words I never wanted to here.

"Let me let go of you"

I want to wait for her. But I knew deep down that she might never come back.

My parents were bringing me back home, and I stayed silent the whole ride. Just thinking about Ha Yoon.

She told me that when she is gone I won't think about her anymore.

But why is she now the only thing I think of.

I arrived at home and I tried calling her. Just to see if she was okay.

I called to her and it said that the number doesn't exist anymore.

I threw my phone at the wall and started to tear up. Just then Hwayoung came rushing into my room.

My parents were at dinner so I guess she came over.

"Hyunjin. Are you okay?" She asked.

"Does it look like I'm okay? She's gone. Why did she have to go?" I yelled.

"Who? Hyunjin. Who?" She worriedly asked.

"Ha Yoon. She let go of me. She said that I no longer needed her. But I need her! I will need her forever." I kept on yelling.

I never wanted to loose her. Why did my nightmare have to become a reality?

"Aigoo, Hyunjin. You don't need her." She said.

I pushed her away.

"What did you say? Out of all people you should know how much she means to me." I said but I thought about it more.

"But you're the reason why she's gone. You're the reason why she let me go. Because of you, it's all because of you." I yelled again.

"Well good. She got the message that you're all mine now. No one can get in between. I can love you freely. And you can love me freely." She said and she was approaching me to give me a hug.

"No, get out." I said, pushing her away.

"What?" She said confused.

"Just leave." I said, "Just go!"

"Ok I'll go. But remember, I'll be back." She said.

I watched her walk out of the house. I couldn't believe that she wasn't taking this seriously.

My best friend is now gone. She never wants to see me again. Why does she no longer need me though?

How have I changed?

*end of Hyunjin's POV*