Chapter 25

A few days later
Tim's POV:
I get to the hospital and head up to Maggie's room. Faith is spending the night with the kids at the house so it's just me here. I walk into Maggie's room and she's watching tv.
"Hey Mags." I say kissing her head before sitting down.
"Hey Dad." She shows me on the paper. Dr. Carson told Faith and I she's been doing better, but it's still tough. The timer goes off and I help her take the mask off. I'm thankful for the twenty five minutes. I haven't talked to her in a couple of days.
"How you been feeling?" I ask sitting back done.
"Ok. It's nice being able to walk around finally. I'm finally able to eat more than one thing." Maggie says yawning.
"That's good baby." I say smiling at her. She's finally seeming like herself more.
"Dad?" Maggie says snapping me out of my thoughts.
"Yeah baby?"
"When can I come home?" She whispers.
"I don't know honey. I hope soon, but I honestly don't know." I say seeing her get upset. She hates being stuck here.
"You wanna go for a walk in a few minutes?" I ask her.
"Yeah. I guess." Maggie whispers still looking down.
"Baby I know you hate being stuck here. Momma and I do too and so do your siblings." I whisper grabbing her hand.
"I just want to finally be home and get to go out." Maggie sighs.
"I know baby." I say rubbing her hand. We sit for a few minutes before the timer goes back off. I get up and put the oxygen mask back on her.
"You wanna go for the walk now?" I ask. Maggie nods her head. I help her sit up before helping her stand. She's still stuck in the neck brace, which she hates more than the oxygen mask. I grab her hand as she leans onto me as we walk out of the room. We walk down to the library before heading back to the room. I can tell she's getting tired. I help her lay down once we get back to her room.
"Mags try to get some sleep." I whisper kissing her forehead before sitting down on the couch. Maggie gives in after a few minutes closing her eyes. Dr. Carson wants to move her out of icu, but with her lung condition it's hard too. The kids are finishing up this school year and it's been hectic, causing Faith and I to not see each other. We move Gracie into Belmont in August and Wesley and Maggie have their senior year coming up. We're praying we have Maggie home by then.
The Next Day:
I sit on the couch reading emails as Maggie sleeps. She was up for a longer walk today and when we got back to the room she passed out. A couple of minutes pass before Faith opens the door walking in.
"Hey babe." She whispers.
"Hey." I say kissing her as she gets to me.
"How long has she been asleep for?" Faith asks quietly.
"About 20 minuets. We went on a walk." I sigh looking over at Maggie.
"That's good. How's she been feeling?" Faith asks looking towards Maggie.
"Ok. She is eating more finally and has a little bit more strength. How are the rest of the kids?" I ask.
"Good. Gracie is officially done with classes and has her senior retreat this weekend. Wesley and Hank have a baseball game this weekend in Alabama. Audrey is spending the weekend with Mary and Sam is hanging out with your mom." Faith sighs.
"Ok. I can't believe Gracie is about to graduate. Then Wesley and Maggie are seniors." I whisper.
"Me either. I wish Maggie was home and could come to Gracie's graduation, but she's still too weak." Faith adds quietly.