Chapter 26

Faiths POV:
Tim and I sit around and talk for about a hour before Maggie starts to stir.
"Hey baby." I say going over and sitting down next to her. Tim follows me.
"Hey momma." Maggie shows on the piece of paper. She's looks paler than a few days ago. Like a lot paler.
"What time is it?" Maggie shows us.
"4:30pm. You slept for almost a hour and half." Tim speaks up. I'm concerned about her being paler, it's not normal. The pneumonia went away about two weeks ago and she's been doing better, but she seems off now. Her eyes are super dilated also.
2 Hours later:
Tim turns on the tv for Maggie as we walk to the cafeteria to get food. Once we make it out of the room I speak up.
"Tim she's paler than a few days ago and she seems off. Her eyes are super dilated too." I say concerned turning towards him.
"I know. I don't know if she's just exhausted or something is really wrong." Tim sighs.
"I know she's tired, but I'm scared something is really wrong." I sigh as tears fall down.
"Hey, it's going to be okay. She's strong and we're with her." Tim whispers pulling me into his chest.
"I want my girl back to her old self already. I hate this." I cry.
"Me too baby, but at least we are with her." Tim whispers brushing my hair. Tim and I walk down the hall and pass some girls that Charles had. They all are so skinny and timid. It's been two weeks since they got here and they still look like skeletons. Thank God Maggie was not in that position. It would kill me more. Tim and I get to the cafeteria and get some food before walking back to Maggie's room. We walk in and she's asleep again. Tim turns off the tv before sitting down at the table with me.
"I hate that she's been asleep so much and she's still tired." I sigh.
"Same here." Tim and I sit and eat before I see Maggie starts to stir.
"Hey hon." I whisper as she looks our way. She writes something on the paper before showing Tim and I "my stomach and head hurts." She's crying.
"Tim. Can you get Dr. Carson?" I ask getting concerned.
"Yeah. I'll be right back." Tim says getting up fast. I walk over to Maggie and rub her hand. She looks worse than earlier. Tim comes back a second later with Dr. Carson.
"I'm going to check some stuff and then take her and run some tests." Dr. Carson says walking over to Maggie. He checks her monitors and writes some stuff down before speaking up.
"Her blood pressure is evaluated by enough that isn't comfortable to me. Her temperature is 99.8 so I'm going to put her on some medicine and take her up to run some more tests. I'm going to do a quick blood test first." He says looking towards Tim and I. This is a nightmare. Dr. Carson does a blood test before looking at us.
"We'll be right back." He says wheeling Maggie out. They are gone for twenty minutes before they come back.
"She has hypertension which is causing the high blood pressure and headaches. She also has appendicitis. I need to get her up to surgery." He says.