Chpater 31

One week later
Tim's POV:
Faith and I get to the hospital and head up to Maggie's room,
"Hey Mags." I say kissing her forehead.
"Hey dad and mom." Maggie whispers looking up from her book. The rest of the kids are in Florida for the first two weeks of summer.
"How are you feeling?" Faith asks her sitting down on the couch.
"Ok. I'm tired though." Maggie whispers looking over at us. She finally can have the oxygen mask off during the day. It has made things way easier.
"Dr. Carson said that you can get moved out of icu in the next few days." I say sitting down next to Faith.
"I want to go home." Maggie blankly states.
"Hon, we know, but you're still not healthy enough to be home yet. At least you can get out of the icu." I state softly.
"I don't care about that! I've been stuck in a freaking hospital for the past 3 months! I'm so sick of it! I just want to be home!" Maggie yells. I sigh before getting up and walking over to her.
"Hey, I know it's rough but you have to take it a step at a time. You're getting there. You need to stay positive baby." I say looking at her in the eyes. Maggie looks down before picking up her book and reading it. I know she's mad, but she needs to talk about it. I sigh before getting up and walking over to Faith.
"I'll be back in a few. I need to go for a walk." I whisper before opening the door. I see Maggie pick her head up before I shut the door.
Faiths POV:
Once Tim shuts the door I looked over at Maggie.
"You know he just cares about you and wants to make sure you're okay." Maggie sighs as she puts down her book.
"Mom I hate it in here. I'm so tired of being stuck in this room and one hallway." Maggie says looking over at me.
"Trust me honey we know you do. We just want you to get healthy enough so you can come home and be okay. This is hard on us too. We just care about you and your health." I state looking at her in the eyes. Maggie looks down.
"I'm not meaning to be distance and snapping at everyone, I'm just not in the mood to talk about everything because I get upset and start crying." Maggie states after a minute. Tim started walking in as she said the last part. Maggie's still looking down.
"Maggie." Tim says softly. Maggie slowly looks up at him.
"You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to, but we need to know you're okay and the only way is for you to talk to us." Tim says looking at her still by the door.
"I'm sorry." Maggie barely whispers. Tim slowly walks over to her and picks her chin  up.
"It's okay. I just need you to communicate with me from now on. Okay?" Tim states sternly but softly.
"Okay." Maggie whispers. Tim rubs her hand before getting up and sitting down next to me. Maggie starts to read her book again.