Chapter 13:

Emersyn

We rode the rest of the way in an uncomfortable silence. I could feel the waves of frustration coming off of Octavian like heat from the sun. That anger served to excite my tiger and ignite my own anger. How dare he be mad because I was being real about whatever it is that we had? If he couldn't handle the fact that I wasn't into casual sex and also a fae, we didn't need to be sleeping together anyway. I guess I'd gotten the fight I had been trying to start back at my apartment. I just hopped this wouldn't affect the mission ahead.

"There should be a drive way on your left in about 700 feet," he said, tone clipped.

I didn't respond just turned when I saw the drive way. There were tracks in the snow, but they were not fresh, leading me to believe this was the way Octavian's men had gotten on to the property. I crept along the road not wanting to tip off anyone that we were coming if I could help it.

I pulled off of the road when we came to two black Tahoes with 4 men standing near them. Then I cut the engine as Octavian hopped out. He greeted his pack members with hugs and handshakes. I sighed. I really didn't want to be surrounded by male wolves on the day of the full moon. No matter how sated they were, their energy would still carry the urge to mate and that energy would bleed over to me causing my own fever to rise.

I stepped out of the car carefully. Being out of the metal box, I could feel the electricity used to power the research facility. Massive amounts were running through the place and if my best friend wasn't in there I would probably just blow the generator and the transformer leveling the place with the explosion. I was broken out of my thoughts when Octavian called my name.

"Inouye, you still with us," he asked, his tone now all business.

"Yeah, just thinking how much easier this would be if there weren't people we cared about in there," I said and even I could hear the worry in my own voice.

I walked over to the group of men. The 4 pureblooded gold wolves watched me with hungry eyes but backed off when they caught Octavian's scent on my skin. They stared at him in surprise. Obviously, his pack mates knew of his dislike of fae and were surprised by the fact that I was one. I wondered what they would think if they saw his mark on my skin.

"Pack this is Emersyn Inouye, Inouye these are my pack mates: Viktor, Kevin, Lonnie and Julius," Octavian said.

"It is good to meet all of you," I said.

"Likewise, beautiful," the one called Kevin said.

Octavian shot him a nasty look, but it disappeared when I shot a sideways glance at him.

"The guards are patrolling the grounds in pairs. From what we can tell they stick to these areas and one pair never interacts with another," Lonnie said pointing out circles on a map.

"Do we know if they are in communication with each other or just HQ," Octavian asked.

"From what we've heard just HQ."

"But if we take out one pair and they are supposed to check in, won't that raise the alarm anyway," I asked.

"Each pair checks in once an hour. This pair here checks in right on the hour. The others check in every 10 minutes after that and then there is a 20-minute gap of radio silence. I think it will be best to attack the first pair right after they check in. That way we have a whole hour to make our way up to the main building," Viktor, the leader of the group said.

I looked at the map. There were 4 buildings in total that made up the compound.

"Is that were the women are being held," I asked.