Spitfire

At last, the long awaited chapter! This took a while to write. Hope I didn't keep you guys waiting for too long. Anyways, enough excuses! Enjoy!

------------------------------------------

Crack. Plop. Crack. Plop. 

Crack...

 Plop.

That was the first thing Uult registered when he came to: the consistent sound of something dry and brittle being snapped in two. 

Crack. Plop.

At first, he thought he was in the dormitory living room, the one near the kitchen. There was always someone who'd come down on stormy nights to stock up on crackers. Generally it was either Shouto or Kōda. Kaminari used to come down too, but soon found out that he slept best when there was lightning. Something about his Quirk recharging or whatnot. 

Crack. Plop. 

Then again...It was too dark and the floor was too hard for this to be the dorm living room. Uult scrunched up his eyebrows, furrowing his mind for an answer.

What am I forgetting?

"Awake yet, kid?"

Uult groaned. That's what he had forgotten. The entirety of the sh*thole of events that happened several hours (days?) back revolving around a certain black haired pyromaniac. The boy brought his hand to his face, thanking the darkness while cursing his luck.

Crack. Plop.

While Uult slowly got his act together, Dabi continued to entertain himself with the cracked cement slabs, tearing pieces off and tossing them at random. He wore a bored expression that cracked at the kid's string of cussing (if one could call it that. Who used "fudge" and "flippers" as swear words?). 

"Heh! Never knew you had a potty mouth, kid."

Uult hissed at the persisting nickname. "Don't call me that. It's HeartBand to you." 

The latter rolled his eyes. "Yeah, yeah. You're not any older than me," Dabi scoffed, "but whatever you say,  kid. "

Crack. Plop. Crack. Plop.

A moment of radio silence passed before Dabi broke it with a cough. 

"So...your legs?"

Uult stiffened in fear. His cheeks flushed in embarrassment and his hands ran cold in apprehension. He had forgotten about his last... episode of panic. At least he had lived through it. 

"Uhhh... Weeelllll..."

Uult squeezed his eyes shut before cautiously wiggling his toes. His eyes snapped open. Nothing. He moved his ankle. No pain.  Becoming more daring, he bent his legs up to a crouch. Finding no pain, just soreness, he gaped in awe. 

They are fine?

"What? How did you—?" 

"Just rub them if they go numb again." Dabi cut him off, blatantly ignoring the unfinished question. 

"...Okay."

Yes, he was at the mercy of a pyromaniac, but considering the fact that he was still alive and in one living piece, Uult felt lucky. This was going considerably better that he had expected—

A burst of orange momentarily lit up the space, showing Dabi Uult's scared face and Uult Dabi's shocked fury, before disappearing back into dark blindness. Then it pulsed again. Dabi pounced to his feet, eyes wild and trained at the wall.

"YOU!"

There goes my luck.

Before Uult could make a move to get up, a hand gripped his neck. Another wave of orange rolled over them.

"You let HIM MOVE!"

The shocked betrayal contorted Dabi's face into something only comparable to a monster. The glow of his eyes and the sharp contrast at such a close proximity— Uult wouldn't have wished this upon anyone. He had never been that terrified in his life. 

"H-he shouldn't be able to! He's still encased!" 

Although Uult's frantic mind was churning solutions, he had noticed that he could still talk fine. The pressure on his neck wasn't that great and the hands were trembling, anger directed at the orange flames. Uult relaxed just a bit; he was still in good waters. That didn't stop Dabi's rantings.

"Oh yeah? Well, that bastard should be dead by now! You covered his entire head in crystals!" 

"I did WHAT?" Uult's mouth opened in shock, one hand flying to the ground to see. 

"You deaf? You covered his head in crystals. He should be comatose but as you can FU*KING SEE—" Dabi pointed aggressively to the see-through wall, "—he's awake! And spouting FIRE! Face it. Your crystals failed."

"B-but he's held down! I can feel it! And there's nothing on his head!"

"THEN HOW THE FU*K IS HE WIELDING FIRE?"

"I DON'T KNOW!"

"YOU'RE BLUFFING!"

"I'M NOT, NOW GET OFF!"

With strength he hadn't know he had left, Uult shoved the other off as hard as he could. Caught by surprise, Dabi let his neck go as he was flung into the pile of broken slabs. For a while, there was nothing but their breaths heard. But that was more than enough time for Uult. 

The crystal user was  drenched in fear. If Dabi wouldn't kill him there, Endeavor was going to suffocate them all. Uult racked his brain for answers. 

He knew Endeavor wielded fire with his limbs but he was also certain that the man was covered shoulders down in crystals, so that option was out. He also had a flaming beard, but that couldn't be the cause of the regularly pulsing flames. Uult tried to remember the last time he had seen the burly man have a fit. Uult remembered when he had been with Shouto. Endeavor had used his fists, smashed a vase while yelling so loud that his spit charred a table and the surrounding walls—

Uult's eyes widened.

"Shoot."

"What?"

"Can't he spit fire?"

.

.

.

"Fuck."