Escape Route Shrouded in Glass

Warning: Manga Spoilers ahead.
Chapter 266
You have been warned.

---(Uult's POV)---

A crystal, lightly scorched, bruises of black, purple and blue littering its surface. It was ragged at its edges, but sharp enough to slot itself under the protective metal of the cuffs.

Dabi is a stupid genius. 

"There you go again with your mixed feelings."

Shut up. We're getting out of here.

As Uult got to work, a memory from his childhood resurfaced: 

Him getting lost when the trees were pink; a lady with white hair bending over and giving him a blue flower; a boy with red hair clinging to her side. The red-head with green-blue eyes, who smiled at him when Uult stared in awe at the gift. He remembered the name of that flower, remembering it's meaning.

"Hope and faith..."

But what he couldn't pin down was why it was so familiar. 

Click! 

----(Flashback)----

"If you're a knight, you have to wait and listen before striking."

"Because you never know when the dragon will awake and eat you up! RAWR!"

"Wait, _ _ _ _! WAIT FOR ME!"

"GOTTA CATCH ME FIRST! RAWR!"

"____!!! Not FAIR!"

----(Flashback ended)----

No way...

The face of the young boy and a dark-haired man overlap. The math done in approximation to their ages (even if it was Japan, you could tell who's what age with a bit of practice).

"I knew him...?"

The truth. I have to know the truth.

But, he didn't have time. The door swung open. The cycle had continued. 

Just like before. 

Just like outside.

Just like always, it continued without breaking.

But Uult wouldn't break. His shackles would. In a bit. Just a bit. He had waited this long, he could wait a little bit more.

Not too long. Not too long. 

He walked out the hall, essentials hidden in pockets and shoes. He smirked, bruised, at any passer-by. They were confused at his glee, giving him space as they would an A-class villain. Uult wanted to laugh. His ribs hurt. 

"Good going, squirt. Do it as soon as possible," the voice soothed.

Steady, steady.