Tooth and Nail

A wave of dull, scorching heat invaded the room, drying Uult's mouth along with it. Forcing himself to become numb, the brunet scrambled to stand up, almost tripping over his own feet in the process. He was almost there, almost up, both his bare feet touching the cold floor only to freeze mind-rise. A large hand had seized his shoulder and jolted him back down. No mercy. 

Oh sh**************t-

"Sit down."

 Uult gulped in fear.

I'm screwed

He did as he was told (read: demanded). Sensing the tension, the nurse quietly left the room, closing the door politely. Wise choice. 'If only they could take me too.' The air couldn't even be cut with a butcher knife, that's how steely it had become. The inferno huffed in his seat, hands crossed on his chest.

"You must be wondering why I'm here."

Yes, Uult wondered. No, the boy didn't know why. Nor did he know how to react, so he stayed stock-still in hopes Endeavor remained calm. All Uult had to make sure was that he wouldn't start rambling. Which was hard: That was his defense mechanism; to talk someones ears off.

"Let me cut to the chase: I know who you are. You can't hide it from me. "

Uult blinked haphazardly. "Umm, I know you know who I am. You have my files so that should have all my info-"

"Stop playing, traitor." Endeavor hissed like steam. " I know you work for the villains. So give it up. Confess and you'll be spared."

"...Oh?" Uult gaped in shock. 'He's accusing me of being the traitor? Is he alright? 

"There must be some misunderstanding because there's no way I would ever-"

"Save it. I'm not here to hear your pathetic excuses."

"But I'm not-!"

"I want to know one thing-"

"Teach, please-!"

"Where is Dabi."

...

"What?"

"I know you saved him. You even let him escape. All the evidence is enough to prove it. For one, you can't create blue fire. Not only in the rubble, but you never fought him when you had the chance.  It so happens that every time there is an attack, and he is involved, you always end up not being in the area or injured to the point of being bedridden. I saw the playbacks. So admit it. Your act is up.  I know you're in allegiance with the League of Villains, don't deny it."

Uult shook his head in sad disbelief. 

"I'm sorry, but this time, you've got it wrong. Aside from this last one, there have only been 2 villain attacks that I was caught in because of my patrol area, which is assigned specifically by the school. As for leaked info, if there is any, I don't know of any of it." 

"Then you are in allegiance with just him."

"OH MY-! NO! I'M NOT!!! Weren't you listening? I am NOT PART OF THOSE MURDERERS! I CAN'T EVEN KILL A FLY HOW DO YOU EXPECT ME TO TRY TO KILL A HUMAN??? Why won't you LISTEN! I swear on my heart that I got nothing- NOTHING- to do with any of this!"

"And yet the evidence says otherwise." 

'Omg, he's gone insane!' Uult was having an internal meltdown. He was tired. He was sore. He was scared. There was only so much accusations a man can take before he breaks. "Teach, weather you believe me or not, I have nothing to do with Dabi or the League of Villains."

"And yet you saved him. You could've let me finish him, but you didn't. Instead, you stepped in and knocked me out, then you even dared to encase me with your rocks-"

"Crystals" Uult mumbled.

"-to shield him from justice!"

"Justice? JUSTICE?" After hearing those words, Uult lost it. "Murdering or mutilating a murderer is your form of JUSTICE? As for so called trapping you, the building was COLLAPSING! As in FALLING ON OUR HEADS! I encased you In crystals to SAVE YOU FROM BEING CRUSHED!"

Endeavor leaped to his feet. "SILENCE!"

Uult met him head-on. "NO! I SAVED YOUR LIFE, GOT HURT IN THE PROCESS,  AND THEN YOU SHOW UP AND THE FIRST THING YOU DO IS THREATEN ME? WHAT KIND OF A TEACHER ARE YOU?"

"SHUT YOUR MOUTH!"

"WHY? SO EVERYONE KNOWS THAT THE SO CALLED MIGHTY HERO ENDEAVOR IS A FAKE? A FRAUD? THAT HE'D KILL FOR 'JUSTICE'? WELL, GUESS WHAT? YOU'RE MORE OF A VILLAIN THAN A HERO! I'LL NEVER TRUST YOU WITH MY LIFE AGAIN!"

SMACK!

Uult had never see someone move so fast in his entire life. Literally. He didn't so much as blink before he was pinned down, a hand wrapped around his mouth, the other viced to his neck. The man before him resembled nothing like the Endeavor from the screen. This was a revenge-driven animal. The man Uult admired, praised and wanted to be was long gone. Instead, they were replaced by a vengeful shell of mixed beliefs with eyes holding poisonous fire. With a wiry smirk, Endeavor came in close, his voice a sharp glass whisper.

"Listen closely, scum. From now on, I'll be watching your every move. Every second of every day, I'll know where you are, what you're doing and who you're interacting with. You'll mess up at one point, and when you do, I'll be there. I'll be there to see you fall. If I so much as catch you speaking with any villains, you're mine." The quiet growl sent Uult's hair on edge, his hands clawing even harder to breath. Seeing the resistance, the man's hands only tightened more. "I'll get to the bottom of this, with your co-operation or not." 

The fist squeezed once more in warning before Endeavor stood up. The man gazed indiferently at the gasping crystal-user. Instead of helping Uult calm down, Endeavor simply arranged his clothes like nothing happened before turning around and leaving. 

Uult kept coughing for air, cursing the hero thoroughly. He had never felt so relieved in his entire life (and he had almost been crushed by a building just a few weeks ago!). 

'If only you'd wake up or die already, the world would suffer less.

Uult's train of thought halted in its station as his stomach let out a strange gurgle. What happened next wasn't pleasant at all, so it would be a bother to explain. You probably already have realized what happened to him. But, what Uult didn't realize was that, when Endeavor had him in a vice-grip, his hand had briefly slipped into his pocket...

------

Thump, Thump, Thump, Thump

-----

In a dimly light bar on the outskirts of town, a pair of turquoise eyes flickered open to rest on a pulsing shard of blue stone.

----------

Hello, hello, hello! I've just finished my last exams and have graduated!!! T-T I'm sad and happy and excited but emotionally turmoiled because I'm not gonna see my close friends or family for a looooong while but I'm gonna be studying what I love and-GAHHH!!!!! I'M SO EXCITED, I FEEL LIKE VENTING!!!!!!!

So, in honor of all 'em feelz, this chapter is a bit longer than the rest. :)