Trauma in Silent Times - Plinoia

Palinoia: The obsession repetition of an act until it is perfected or mastered.

--------

Deep blue eyes glanced up from the calendar on his phone. Heavy clouds filled the outside surroundings with a grey filter. It was raining outside. Not the average kind of pitter, patter, but not monsoon weather either. It was just... rain. 

Fitting.

1 month had passed. 1 whole month since the brothers had encountered the S-Class villain and survived. Kiuta knew this only because Gary had kept track. He didn't know why his friend did that, (maybe because they were still alive) but he did. Glancing over to the passed-out lump on the couch, a stiff bandanna falling onto his face, Kiuta heaved a sigh.

Why must he always cover his eyes with it?

Maybe he was counting the days as well because his younger brother seemed to have slipped into a loop of agitation. When he wasn't hoarding small shiny things for the growing pile in his window like a magpie, Uult was keeping himself busy doing god-knows-what. And when he wasn't, which was rare, Cara and their mom were finding the boy dozing off in the most randomest places.

Kiuta knew that the brunet had been busy with school and his job at the greenhouse, but he also knew intense exhaustion when he saw it. And currently, it had been 31 days since this vicious cycle had sunk it's teeth into the boy, and Kiuta was left counting how long it would take for Uult to snap out of it.

--------

On the other side of the city, gazing into the tearing sky, Kiuta wasn't the only one keeping count.

Dabi, who was busy leading the Vanguard Action Guerilla Warfare Regiment: Violet, had also noted the amount of days he was Uult-free.

Not that it matters.

He light his pinky and casually engraved a diamond into the windowsill before drilling a black hole right atop of it.

If he's not in his right mind, he should stay hidden.

Translation: Since the two parties parted, neither had seen hair nor tail of each other.

Both Kiuta and the villain concluded that this was for the best, though for different reasons: the bleach-blonde wanted his brother's insomnia to begone, while Dabi wanted peace of mind.

He had noted the start of a developing weakness, one that would not aide in his main goal. In fact, having any form of affection (and maybe a slight want to fight the kid's o.p. quirk head-on) would not aide the organization's vision of a superhuman-less future.

And so, throwing the memories of the boy down a rabbit hole, another half a year passed with no more thoughts of a bandanna-clad brunet or of pink crystals.

The funny thing about trying to forget is that, sooner or later, it will come and bite you back with intense lock-jaw syndrome.

-----------

Some time had past since The Incident.  (Yes, they resorted to calling it 'The Incident'but refrained from mentioning it often since, it turns out, trauma is actually a thing. Ha, ha!) So, since Uult wasn't ever mentioned on TV or called into, everything seemed to go back to normal. 

Or, well, as normal as memories would allow it to be.

Currently, Uult is in the corner of UA's cafe, nursing a much needed cup of green tea. His eyes remained downcast, avoiding any unwanted social interaction due to a mild headache. He knew far too well what a single glance could lead to if it was with the wrong person. Especially if they were one of the hot-headed heroes-in-training younger than him. They were the first to want to fight. Luckily, word about his abilities hadn't spread to 1-A. Not yet. But when it will...