PROLOGUE

Now Playing ▶ First Love - Piano Cover (YT: Smyang Piano)  

The first day that Jimin saw him play was in the piano studio in their junior high.

Clubs had ended and Jimin was heading home alone. He could hear the faint sound of the old piano from the music room. The piano was far out of tune and it wasn't at it's greatest condition but that didn't distract the sound of the sweet low melody that could be heard from down the corridor.

The double doors of the school entrance were right in front of him but Jimin decided to turn right and follow the song of the piano. He impatiently walked down the empty hallway to peer through the music room to see Mrs. Min and her son at the piano. Mrs. Min was watching her son - Yoongi - as he played in more of a strict tone than in awe which was disheartening to his eyes but Jimin couldn't help but gaze at the slender boy's fingers dance across the piano with such gracefulness and emotion. It was astonishing to see how Yoongi's fingers could multitask so freely and how he could barely even play, "Mary had a Little Lamb" without making mistakes on the piano.

The song had come to an abrupt stop as Mrs. Min hits the boy's right hand with the ruler causing not only Yoongi to flinch but Jimin as well. "Another mistake Yoongi?" she barks as he hisses retracting his right hand and rubbing its fingers with the opposite hand. "Sorry, mother," he bows and apologizes profusely proceeding to take all the harsh criticism by staring down at the piano - shaking - in utter shame.

Not being able to bear the situation that had arose, Jimin quickly left the scene and ran to Taehyung's house.

The next day in homeroom, Jimin had built up all of his courage and approached the seemingly lonely boy about his skills. "Hi, heard you playing yesterday and you're amazing at playing the piano,"

A small smile shapes on the boy's face as he said a shy, "thank you" and the two continued to chat awkwardly but as the years grew on they became an inseparable duo.

They would tell each other anything and everything.

At least, Jimin would.

Yoongi was a different story.